Aug 19, 2019, 01:41 PM
Itís making it more muddy I guess is the only way I can explain. No amount of adjustments brings it to the level of clarity rf 2 is displaying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 01:51 PM
You might want to do the calibration if you have not done so. That can affect it.
Aug 19, 2019, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
You might want to do the calibration if you have not done so. That can affect it.

Just recalibrated just in case. Also just noted it only that with my micro Swift quads thereís no difference between rf1 or 2 as far as brightness goes. Itís with my ratelís Iím seeing a definite darkening as soon as it locks on in rf 1.

Aug 19, 2019, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheair247
Well I’m having opposite issues! It seems when I’m in rf 1 the image is darker than when I’m in rf 2 or legacy. It’s more noticeable on overcast days but still there on bright days. Anyone else?
In my testing trying to find out what was up with my faulty module, I also noted that the different modes produced slightly different brightness levels, I'd do more testing with examples but it seems a futile effort doing so knowing my module is faulty.
Aug 19, 2019, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
In my testing trying to find out what was up with my faulty module, I also noted that the different modes produced slightly different brightness levels, I'd do more testing with examples but it seems a futile effort doing so knowing my module is faulty.

In my case Iím wandering if the brightness set to auto by default is screwing it up. Itís great on the Swiftís. Both ratels, no bueno. Gonna do a few more tests and report back.

Aug 22, 2019, 11:04 AM
Guys,

I have just installed rapidFire into my Fatshark SE with the head tracker mod. I fly indoors with my tinywhoop quad with a dipole antenna, while I got 2 pagodas on the goggle.

The module beeps repeatedly for perhaps 20-30 seconds during my last couple flights just now. I've got at least 7.3V for the goggle battery. I saw 4.7v flash up a couple times in the goggle menu while I was trying to see if the head tracker mod failed and receiver not getting enough power. But looking at the goggle status it shows 4.8V and not in Low Power mode. The video in the goggle was fine, no cut outs or any static.

I've searched high and low but couldn't find what the beeping means aside from low RSSI readings. Someone please clue me in on what's happening or what I'm overlooking.

Thanks!
Aug 22, 2019, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin
Guys,

I have just installed rapidFire into my Fatshark SE with the head tracker mod. I fly indoors with my tinywhoop quad with a dipole antenna, while I got 2 pagodas on the goggle.

The module beeps repeatedly for perhaps 20-30 seconds during my last couple flights just now. I've got at least 7.3V for the goggle battery. I saw 4.7v flash up a couple times in the goggle menu while I was trying to see if the head tracker mod failed and receiver not getting enough power. But looking at the goggle status it shows 4.8V and not in Low Power mode. The video in the goggle was fine, no cut outs or any static.

I've searched high and low but couldn't find what the beeping means aside from low RSSI readings. Someone please clue me in on what's happening or what I'm overlooking.

Thanks!

Is the rssi set to long range?

Aug 23, 2019, 11:51 AM
How do I tell if I have rssi set to long range?

Thanks!
Aug 23, 2019, 12:31 PM
Quote:
How do I tell if I have rssi set to long range?

Thanks!

Scroll through your menu and find the rssi settings. If itís set to long range the beeps are trying to tell you where to aim your head. Change it to a different one of your liking.

Aug 23, 2019, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Scroll through your menu and find the rssi settings. If itís set to long range the beeps are trying to tell you where to aim your head. Change it to a different one of your liking.

Are you referring to the Sync Lock settings? I couldn't find RSSI specific setting...
Aug 23, 2019, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Are you referring to the Sync Lock settings? I couldn't find RSSI specific setting...
NVM, found it! It was in RSSI mode not Long Range when the beeping occurred.
Aug 24, 2019, 12:36 PM
Whats up guys; haven't been on rcgroups for a while, so I haven't kept up with most products; love the rapidfire, but was wondering what some of your favorite antenna combinations for best signal were for moderate to long range are.I have been using the stubby axii on the quads with a foxeer omni antenna with the axii patch on the HDO's; good signal, but not ideal for long range; I know the real limiting factor is the stubby, but I am still curious what has been your experiences with other antennas.
Aug 25, 2019, 02:25 PM
Quote:
In my case Iím wandering if the brightness set to auto by default is screwing it up. Itís great on the Swiftís. Both ratels, no bueno. Gonna do a few more tests and report back.

I have similar propblem, but it's the VTX. It's an AKK FX3 Ultimate and I read reports of other AKK FX doing the same.

My Ratel is perfectly fine on another VTX. Also my Falkor does the same, darker on the AKK FX3, normal on differnt VTX
Aug 31, 2019, 03:31 PM

Resistor Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
Someone called Leo Cabrera on 'that'book figured out what the problem is, they measured voltage of the video signal with an oscilloscope and found it's too high so they soldered in a 120 to 160ohm resistor into the video line of the module.

I just tried this by patching the module into my goggles with some Dupont cables (no soldering, not permanent) and put a 120ohm resistor in the video line, seems to fix it but still not as bright as my original module I use.
When I bought RapidFire, I had problems with brightness and color in some of my setups. I made Mod l1 and l10. I made a video. I sent for technical assistance. I received with the same problem. There was no way to return to the assistance again and decides to do the Reesistor Mod. The image was much better with the inconvenience of slightly darkening the dvr recording image.

Rapidfire issue 2 (5 min 9 sec)

First Video.

Rapidfire without resistor. Bright blow up (0 min 21 sec)

Without Resistor

With Resistor
RAPIDFIRE with 270ohm resistor mod dvr (0 min 24 sec)

In Field Flying
Rapidfire resistor mod 270ohm. Foxeer monster matek vtx. Dominator V3 both Power mods. (2 min 27 sec)

All with a foxeer monster a matek vtx and a kakute f4v2
Sep 05, 2019, 12:57 PM
Replacement RapidFire module arrived today, no issues with over-blown brightness

But I did notice something curious, the first thing I 'looked through' was an AIO cam+VTX, a test unit powered off USB because it's too low res to put on a quad. The brightness of the RapidFire module was 83% of my old module - see first picture below.

But then I tried powering up my micro quad with a RunCam Micro Swift and saw that after the RapidFire module gets a channel lock, over a period of about 1.5 seconds the brightness fades up to the same max brightness of my old module - see second picture below

I tried a couple of other quads and they didn't have any problems, one locked virtually instantly (Eachine UK65) and the other (Emax Hawk 5) had a rolling screen for a few moments before locking and then all good.

So just a weird anomaly of the signal locking I guess

Quick Reply