Feb 27, 2018, 03:36 PM
Discussion

RFU w/Aura 8 installation

Now that Flex Innovation's QQ Cap 232 is out, some people have wondered how to setup the RFU with the Aura8 gyro that comes with the plane. I got one of the Cap 232's to fly and so I took some pictures of my setup.

I am using a Graupner MX-24 transmitter with our MX-24 XtremeLink module and RFU. I set the RFU to output SBUS protocol (5 blinks on the output mode). When the Aura8 senses an SBUS input, it automatically uses the normal Futaba channel order (1=aileron, 2=elevator, 3= throttle, 4=rudder). Since the Graupner transmitter outputs channels in the JR order I used the RFU's channel mapping to change the mapping so 1=2, 2=3, and 3=1. This remaps the channels so they match the Futaba system. I had to also reverse ALL of the channels to match Futaba. Once I did this, everything worked perfectly.

The plane flies great. It's really well built. We will be offering a light kit for it for those that did not purchase the lighted version from Flex Innovations. Our light kit will feature selectable color sequences (from the transmitter), instead of being just fixed white. We will also be selling 6S3500mAh packs for this aircraft.
Last edited by JimDrew; Feb 27, 2018 at 04:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply