Zagi 33 Flying Wing is Back

After some time and work, the Zagi 33 is back in stock and ready for some fun. Zagi worked with their foam supplier and after some deliberation and effort, the dies were made and Zagi 33 wings were produced.

Splash

Get Your Zagi 33 Now

After some time and work, the Zagi 33 is back in stock and ready for some fun. Zagi worked with their foam supplier and after some deliberation and effort, the dies were made and Zagi 33 wings were produced. This one has a wingspan of 33" and should make for a great FPV race wing along with sport flying. You can power it to have more than a 2:1 thrust to weight ratio and a top speed over 100MPH.

The kit is available with various colored tape options and canopy options. The base price starts out at $65 and that includes the following:

• 2 CNC wire cut EPP wing cores and beds
  • 2 Tapered shaped balsa elevons
  • 1 Polystyrene motor tray and canopy
  • 1 Flat carbon fiber spars
  • 2 Polystyrene winglets
  • 2 Control hornes, 2 control rods and 2 clevises
  • 1 60 yd. roll Fiberglass fiber filament tape
  • 1 roll Colored poly tape covering material
  • Illustrated Instruction manual

Check out the Zagi 33 Flying Wing Here

Feb 27, 2018, 01:48 PM
Team Spektrum FPV
What decade is this? COOOOOOOL!!!!!!
Feb 27, 2018, 02:17 PM
There is no suggested ESC size, battery size range, motor size, throws, or CG that are readily apparent.

The .pdf instruction link for the zagi 33 are for the 60' BRUSHED model.

EDIT::
With a little bit of luck I was able to guess the link for the Zagi 33 manual. It's https://zagi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Zagi-33.pdf
Last edited by scott page; Feb 27, 2018 at 03:56 PM.
Feb 27, 2018, 02:43 PM

Zagi LLC response

Thank you for posting here!
Our reintroduction of the 33 is purely a shot in the dark. It was a great flying platform a few years back and we still make the parts for them so we figured why not? reintroducing the 33 is our first step towards developing a FPV racing platform. We have controllers and a popular camera in, I am making a mold to expand the mid section to meet FPVWRA specs and enclose everything aerodynamically and we should be good to go. Zagi is also working the bugs out of a new covering system that should be really easy!

The 33 will work with our typical power pack setup, so 3100KV motor, 2200mAh LiPo and 40A ESC with any number of props including the standard 5x5e

Please comment here or email us at Zagi@Zagi.com with comments (good or bad is accepted)

Thank you Mr Page for catching the link issue, it will be fixed today!

Josh
Zagi LLC
Last edited by zagillc; Feb 27, 2018 at 02:54 PM.
Feb 27, 2018, 03:01 PM
DFS#000178
Start investing in razor blade companies.
Feb 27, 2018, 05:00 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Zagis were some of my first wings many years ago from Atlanta Hobby, welcome back!

I still have 4-5 rolls of color and even a spare center pod
Feb 27, 2018, 05:38 PM
Endangered User
Tic is going to be so happy!!!
Feb 27, 2018, 06:35 PM
Slowly Approaching 1,000
Really happy to see this just as I'm getting back in the air again. Zagi XS was my first wing, with a 400 brushed can motor and 1800mAh NiMh pack... Ahhh the good ole days of 5 pound AUW, and not even a thought of vehicle flight. I still have a purple till somewhere too.

Welcome back to one of the originators of these things, and maker of one of the best pusher props around. Glad to see it!
Feb 27, 2018, 08:16 PM
Live to fly... Fly to live
Looks similar to my Original Razor, a little deeper area for the prop though... Mudman1959
Feb 27, 2018, 09:33 PM

Re: Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudman1959
Looks similar to my Original Razor, a little deeper area for the prop though... Mudman1959
Thats a nice looking Razor! We have a few here I've been wanting to re-cover and fly. It is slightly wider and has a thicker chord, I wonder which would fly faster with the same gear in the same conditions?
Last edited by zagillc; Feb 27, 2018 at 09:42 PM.
Feb 28, 2018, 08:31 AM
Fantastic to see Zagi relevant again! Really looking forward to this smaller 33 inch model!

I have restored Dad's two early Zagi 400X 48" wings over the winter, one and two years ago, with freshened covering and electronics. Both continue to fly fantastically, now with brushless motors and Lipo batteries. His earliest red and yellow one now includes the Zagi 3100KV motor and scoots on 3-cells! The slightly newer red, white, and blue striped Zagi uses the Astro Flight 020803M-5T brushless system designed for it over 10 years ago! Not quite as fast with the 2567KV motor but very special by its history.
Last edited by CorvetteC5; Mar 04, 2018 at 10:11 AM.
Feb 28, 2018, 09:07 AM
RCG Admin
Yeah I wish I still had my original Zagi. It was my first powered plane after flying slope for 3 years.
Feb 28, 2018, 10:30 AM
Live to fly... Fly to live
"Zagi" Fun!!! (2 min 8 sec)
Feb 28, 2018, 11:22 AM
So Super77 is foam safe again? I see the instructions say to use that. Still slowly working on my old Zagi400 kit. It gets there one piece at a time when I get time. It is covered. Just figuring out how I am going to mount the electrics and the ConnexHD.
Feb 28, 2018, 01:05 PM

Re: Super 77 and old instructions

Found this from when the 33 was released previously. Good times! We have not changed the instructions as they are all nearly the same and it seems like nobody follows them anyway. :-) We still get Super 77 here and it doesn't appear the formula has changed at all. I had to buy a can for a hotel build at the AMA in Ontario, CA and they still had it on the shelves.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...fficial-Thread

I'm curious what the modern thinking is on covering. We would probably change the instructions or at least put out a video showing how to build one using thermal laminates if it was warranted. I do a lot here traditionally, some with laminate and a few with carbon over other substrates.

Love the video Mudman1959!

Josh/Zagillc
Last edited by zagillc; Feb 28, 2018 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply