Mar 23, 2018, 08:12 PM
I see they are now in stock at Tower. Does anyone have one coming to their house yet? Looking for a flight review.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2018, 03:31 PM
🇪🇺🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇪🇺

DC-3 & C-47 Now in Stock!

The "order now" button in the newsletter links to flyzoneplanes.com. I'm looking forward to seeing new videos.
Mar 27, 2018, 03:45 PM
I want to see some flight reports....
Mar 27, 2018, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Wow! that plane looks beautiful!

But I'm still stinging from wasting my money on that awful awful awful B25 Flyzone made.

If it were an HH product I'd preorder without thinking. I'll wait for others to fly it first. I'm very leary of Flyzone micros anymore.
Not sure I would even preorder with HH anymore. My first attempt at being first with a plane was the Vapor Lite HP, and you know how that went for me . I like HH planes a lot, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure I want to be first again!
Mar 28, 2018, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraicMirror
Not sure I would even preorder with HH anymore. My first attempt at being first with a plane was the Vapor Lite HP, and you know how that went for me . I like HH planes a lot, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure I want to be first again!
The Vapor HP was the very first HH plane that dissapointed me.

This DC-3 is a Flyzone plane, not an HH product....no AS3X, no SAFE.

The HH B25 is a great plane and I have a spare NIB.

The Flyzone B25 was a turd with propellers. Very poorly made and a very poor design...especially inside. Clear windows did not make up for it.

This Flyzone DC3 looks really nice, but I need for it to be able to fly as well. That remains to be seen.
Mar 28, 2018, 08:26 AM
Darn Skeptics.
Mar 28, 2018, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
Darn Skeptics.
.....lol...said the kettle to the pot.
Apr 12, 2018, 10:09 AM
Anyone have one of these yet? Thought we might have seen a flight report by now.
Apr 12, 2018, 01:01 PM
Just goes to show how soon they will be on closeout sale...lol.
Apr 12, 2018, 11:06 PM
JMD
JMD
I got mine a week ago and got it out to fly last weekend. It powered up fine rudder survo didn't sound great bur worked. Prop clearence is almost nothing when on the ground and tail is up in flight position so you have to be very carfull on landing as happened to me on the 4th flight wheels dropped into a small Crack and broke a propeller. Took it home ordered a spare prop but in the meen time I glued the plane back on and it seem to work fine. Went back out to the feild to get in some more flights when taxing out the rudder survo went full lock and stripped the gears in that survo. Not a good start with this model. I will check on replacment parts I mint send it back for replacment. I still want to give this thing a chance as it flew pretty well at least for 4 flights.
Apr 13, 2018, 01:44 AM
AeroDan
Nice model, my problem is with the half-forked main gear struts, w/no rear-brace.
Apr 13, 2018, 06:28 AM
JDM...not a good start, huh? Flyzone made some good planes but they don't seem to do well with these little ones. I do love my little biplanes they made...but despised that B25. This plane sounds like the same quality as I feared.

I wonder how the plane would do it you gutted it and replaced with HH B25 electronics?
Apr 13, 2018, 09:20 AM
🇪🇺🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇪🇺

Issues are common

I've had issues with almost any micro but my Nine Eagles Yak 54 3G and Hobbyzone Duet. I've got replacements for my UM T-28, P-40, F-86 and one of my power cores. Although I got these replacements I still have a dispute and put the company that took over Hobbico and the KeepItRC-Newsletter as #2 onto my boycott list just behind a company that thinks it's king. I simply deserve better cs. I may even have bought this one if it looked right and Flyzone was still a Hobbico brand name.
Apr 13, 2018, 10:37 AM
JMD
JMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
JDM...not a good start, huh? Flyzone made some good planes but they don't seem to do well with these little ones. I do love my little biplanes they made...but despised that B25. This plane sounds like the same quality as I feared.

I wonder how the plane would do it you gutted it and replaced with HH B25 electronics?

Hugo I checked on parts and can't fix survos so I'm doing just that I ordered the HH B25 elec. This will give me stabilize and I can use my real Spectrum TX not that little toy. In the end I think this will be a great little DC3 just not good out of the box.
Apr 13, 2018, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Hugo I checked on parts and can't fix survos so I'm doing just that I ordered the HH B25 elec. This will give me stabilize and I can use my real Spectrum TX not that little toy. In the end I think this will be a great little DC3 just not good out of the box.
So what's the final cost to have a DC-3 with HH electronics?

Quick Reply