Flyzone Micro Douglas DC-3 Airliner - RC Groups

Flyzone Micro Douglas DC-3 Airliner

The new Flyzone Micro Douglas DC-3 Airliner is perfect for indoor flying and outdoors in no wind. It comes ready to fly and has great scale lines.

Flyzone Micro Douglas DC-3 Airliner

A Micro DC-3 in Eastern Livery

The all new Flyzone Douglas DC-3 is a twin brushed micro airplane that's ready to fly with a 2.4GHz transmitter, a FLightpower 1s 250mAh LiPo, and 4 AA batteries for the transmitter. Clear plastic windows are utilized throughout for increased scale looks, while the entire cockpit and nose removes easily with rare earth magnets for access to the flight LiPo battery. A pair of screws hold the wings on, and the counter rotating propellers eliminate torque for stable and predictable flights. The Flyzone Micro Douglas DC-3 Airliner retails for $159.99, and should be available in mid March 2018.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Flyzone Micro Douglas DC-3 Airliner.

Features and Specifications:

• Construction: Foam
  • Wing: One-piece with dual servo aileron control
  • Radio: Tactic TTX403 4-channel SLT mini transmitter with built-in
  • Battery Charger: DC powered
  • Nose Cone: Foam with clear plastic windows, removes for easy access to battery, attaches to fuselage with magnets
  • Length: 17" (432mm)
  • Wingspan: 23" (584mm)
  • Weight: 2.8 - 3.0oz (79 - 85g)
  • Wing Area: 66.5 sq in (4.3 sq dm)
  • Wing Loading: 5.6oz sq/ft (17g sq/dm)

Feb 27, 2018, 09:31 AM
Treehouse is Better.
Wow! that plane looks beautiful!

But I'm still stinging from wasting my money on that awful awful awful B25 Flyzone made.

If it were an HH product I'd preorder without thinking. I'll wait for others to fly it first. I'm very leary of Flyzone micros anymore.
Latest blog entry: At The Field
Feb 27, 2018, 10:33 AM
Another flat wing plane.
Feb 27, 2018, 10:45 AM
DFS#000178
Only problem is the props are enormous and they had to move the nacelles way too far out on the wing to clear the fuselage. But otherwise it looks great. I'd like to see the wing profile. Hopefully it's not another stamped, undercambered wing, but it looks molded at least.

$160 seems a bit steep. I'll wait for a BNF. I still have the TX from my Flyzone P-38.

I wonder if it'll have the DC-3's signature stall tendencies.
Feb 27, 2018, 11:43 AM
I’m a sucker for a twin but those wing tips look narrow, I think I’ll wait and see how others get on with it first.
Feb 27, 2018, 12:46 PM
Nothing looks better than a DC3.

The wing doesn't seem bad.

Needs to Spektrumfy this one. Do not plan to buy a tactic controller without any kind of adjustments.
Feb 27, 2018, 03:03 PM
I'm betting this one will be very, very, easy to fly & will look great in the air.
I had the 21 inch Flyzone Micro P-38 & that plane was unbelievably easy to fly.
On the maiden flight, I just tossed it out & it flew as easy as any RC plane I've ever flown.
The P-38 wouldn't take much wind at all & neither will this one.

Don't expect much in the way of aerobatics & if that matters, I'm pretty sure most will get bored pretty quick with this one.
The real DC-3 didn't do much either, so not being aerobatic shouldn't be a concern for most.

As for the little Tactic TX that comes with it, I'm sure that will do fine.
Myself & a friend bought (2) P-38's at the same time (one with the TX & one without).
My main TX is Tactic, so I simply bound mine to a Tactic TTX650.
The TTX 650 has all the programming options, but the plane needed none of those.
My friend flew his P-38 with the TX that came with it, with no problem.
The P-38 didn't need any programmable settings. like expo, dual rates or anything else & I'm sure this DC-3 won't either.
Last edited by Clive66; Feb 27, 2018 at 04:27 PM.
Feb 27, 2018, 03:31 PM
DFS#000178
I'd probably have to give it the C-47 treatment. Make it Doc's little brother.
Feb 28, 2018, 08:01 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
I'd probably have to give it the C-47 treatment. Make it Doc's little brother.
You don't even have to!

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGXBT&P=ML
Feb 28, 2018, 10:11 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Well that just takes all the fun out of it.
Feb 28, 2018, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
I probably would cut the wings outside the nacelles and add a tad of dihedral . will make it fly better
Feb 28, 2018, 01:06 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 68
I probably would cut the wings outside the nacelles and add a tad of dihedral . will make it fly better
I was thinking smaller props, cut a bit of wing out of the center, get the nacelles closer to the fuselage. That's the one glaring thing I can't get over. It looks like the EasySky B-17.
Feb 28, 2018, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
That's the one glaring thing I can't get over. It looks like the EasySky B-17.
+1 thatís exactly what I was thinking
Feb 28, 2018, 02:00 PM
I would fly it with no changes at all first.
Might fly fine without making any changes.

I don't plan on buying one at this time, but it will be interesting to see what people post here, after they fly it.

Might even be a total DUD & I don't need a little hanger queen.

Also, since this plane only weighs 3 ounces, or less, I'm thinking it would be pretty hard to make even minor changes & keep it this light.
If I had a place to fly indoors, I would be very tempted to buy this one.
Last edited by Clive66; Feb 28, 2018 at 02:49 PM.
Feb 28, 2018, 04:03 PM
http://roys-rc-tv.webs.com/
I Wonder when this will appear in the UK?

Quick Reply