This thread is privately moderated by Knoll53, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 26, 2018, 06:45 PM
Everything's A Composite
Thread OP
Discussion

Sinbad wing

The rib-only approach to wing structure really makes for a smooth airfoil. Just as smooth as can be from LE to TE.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2018, 06:37 PM
Herk
I guess you can tell that is my kind of wing. Will be interesting to hear how you think it works at your flying sites.
Mar 02, 2018, 02:15 PM
Everything's A Composite
Thread OP
Looks like a ready to fly wing loading of about 8 oz./s.f., so this airfoil should have every chance of floating with the Turkey vultures. This one has the upper surface high point at 40% of the chord. Extra low drag is the expectation. It is the Laminar Sinbad.
May 07, 2018, 10:06 AM
Flying one day at a time....
Very nice work. What section did you use for the wing?

I think you've said it is flat bottommed, but I was wondering what the thickness and section (airfoil) were.

Dave
May 07, 2018, 07:07 PM
Everything's A Composite
Thread OP
The ribs are highly modified and thinned Clark Y. See PDF. It seems to have a pretty handy speed range. The big fuse will always limit the top speed. Still glad I didn't use the traditional under cambered airfoil.

Quick Reply