Feb 25, 2018, 05:00 PM
Help!

PowerLab 6 not initializing

I've had my PowerLab 6 for about three years now and it's worked without fail until today. I plugged in a multistar 4S 10ah battery and it gave a slight spark on the charge board, which I didn't think much of because I've had batteries including this one cause a little spark when being plugged in. Then I went to turn on the power supply for the PowerLab and although the LCD screen lit up all it showed was a row of pound signs (hash symbols). There were no beeps. It does not progress beyond this point so a I can no longer charge anything with it. Is it dead? Any ideas?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2018, 08:55 PM
You should always turn on the charger before connecting a battery pack to it.

Use the Charge Control Software and USB interface to see if you can reflash it. If that doens't work open a ticket:

http://www.revolectrix.com/support_options.htm
Feb 26, 2018, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic
You should always turn on the charger before connecting a battery pack to it.

Use the Charge Control Software and USB interface to see if you can reflash it. If that doens't work open a ticket:

http://www.revolectrix.com/support_options.htm
Ohmic, you sir are a god amongst men!

I did not think of reflashing it, in fact I didn't even think the control software would communicate because it came up saying "No data from PowerLab".

But I tried your suggestion and went to the Firmware tab, and clicked Update Firmware and viola, it was able to restore the flash and now it works!!!

Thanks!

And in the future I will definitely be sure to turn on the charger before connecting batteries to it.
Feb 28, 2018, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmCoder8088
Ohmic, you sir are a god amongst men!

I did not think of reflashing it, in fact I didn't even think the control software would communicate because it came up saying "No data from PowerLab".

But I tried your suggestion and went to the Firmware tab, and clicked Update Firmware and viola, it was able to restore the flash and now it works!!!

Thanks!

And in the future I will definitely be sure to turn on the charger before connecting batteries to it.
Awesome! Glad to hear it worked!

Quick Reply