Feb 24, 2018, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Throttle click spring for Futaba T4GRS

Need help finding a throttle bar spring for a Futaba T4GRS mine is smooth and I need it to click. Does anyone know where i can purchase one?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2018, 08:53 PM
In the USA and for North America the sole importer for Futaba is Hobbico /Tower / Great Planes Model Distributors GPM in Champaign Illinois so you could order over the Internet or your local hobby shop could get one for you is they order from GPM.

I just checked on the GPM web site and the only click ratchet part listed is FUTM3626 1M14A01001 Ratchet 2DR/CR/VR(2). Your LHS can order it as item FUTM3626 or Tower's part # LXCRAS Both are listed as on backorder / shipment pending. Post a picture of the back side of the gimbal would help. I have a large box of salvaged gimbals and some are Futaba.

That part is not too expensive $4.99 and you can also get springs of several weights for the gimbals.

Not sure how things work for the Brits in Bermuda and importing from the USA.

Maybe someone will volunteer to just put one in an envelope and mail it to you.

Alternate if you can get K and S brass 0.016 thick and 3/16 wide strip make your own. The little V that does the clicking can be done with a small hammer and chisel over a wood block.
Last edited by Hugh P; Feb 24, 2018 at 09:21 PM.
Feb 26, 2018, 04:39 PM
Thread OP

Ratchet spring

Thank you Hugh for the info, we don`t have a hobby shop here in Bermuda per say just guys that buy extra when ordering . I will give Tower a try , thx again 👍
Feb 28, 2018, 07:32 PM
Thread OP

Ratchet spring

FYI,,, I went to Futaba's web site clicked on transmitter category where they havd a e-mail to state your problem . I havd had a reply today and will be ordering the rachet springs by phone. Very helpful response.
Mar 18, 2018, 04:55 PM
Thread OP
Update,, went on Futaba website was directed to Great Planes. Called the number given told them my issue which was my radio did not come with the throttle rachet spring. The told me they would send 2 of them right out to me at no charge, and they did! Yea, I`m happy with Futaba and the service.

Quick Reply