module xfer from JR388s to Taranis X9D+ - RC Groups
Feb 24, 2018, 04:41 PM
Question

module xfer from JR388s to Taranis X9D+

Hi Jim,
I have a module identifying as XPSJ1 version 3.8 that was working fine in an old JR 388s. The electrons finally died of old age, so I moved it to a Taranis X9D+.
It works fine as is.
Should I/must I or even will the XDP allow me to, upgrade the firmware to JR (Taranis) v4.2 or something else and why?
What is special about the JR (Taranis) firmware?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2018, 11:09 PM
You might be able to upgrade the module if it has a in-field flashable CPU. We never officially sold any that could be upgraded, but about 40% or so of them could be upgraded with the XDP.

V4.2 is required to support XJT-D16 protocol. You need to know that OpenTx v2.2 and later is not compatible with our JR module. They changed the protocol with v2.2.0. I will correct that at some point, but I am a bit busy at the moment with production of new products.
Feb 25, 2018, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
You might be able to upgrade the module if it has a in-field flashable CPU. We never officially sold any that could be upgraded, but about 40% or so of them could be upgraded with the XDP.

V4.2 is required to support XJT-D16 protocol. You need to know that OpenTx v2.2 and later is not compatible with our JR module. They changed the protocol with v2.2.0. I will correct that at some point, but I am a bit busy at the moment with production of new products.
Hi Jim, thanks for the info. my CPU is flashable. I will wait till you find the time to work your magic. I will continue using XPS in my MC24 Tx and keep the Taranis for models that do not require more than 8 channels. Only problem is the MC24 is getting long in the tooth. One backup battery failure and I lose
all my setups! Used to be able to xfer/save models to pc and reload, but since Windows10 the reload does not work anymore.
Feb 25, 2018, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret
...but since Windows10 the reload does not work anymore.
Windows 10 messed up a lot of things!
Feb 25, 2018, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret
Used to be able to xfer/save models to pc and reload, but since Windows10 the reload does not work anymore.
Have you tried running the program with the compatibility mode set to a lower version of Windows? You can right-click on the icon and select properties. In the TABS you will find one for compatibility. You can set it for Windows XP and other versions of Windows. I find that this works most of the time to resolve issues like this.

Quick Reply