This thread is privately moderated by Desertboy4, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 23, 2018, 03:10 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Curtis Youngblood Stingray 500 3D resurrection

Great day
Just wanted to share my Stingray 500 resurrection ( from ashes to a beautifully reborn phoenix )
Taken a while to get the correct parts though but well worth the search.
When purchased it had a very hard Rt nose in landing bent a lot broke a lot damaged a lot
All 3 booms bent and broken, main drive shaft bent, 3 rotor shafts bent, all blade grips damaged all blades damaged
These are the starting pic during re build re setup process
I will post more as this project comes to completion.
Electronics are on a very tight platform I will include an electrolytic to help filter this.
Also planning on using my DX6i single stick for this bird.
Spending the time to get it right.
I got lucky and found the correct Scorpion 10 black motor for the Stingray
Included a little addition to adjust the motor belt. I made this mod to the belt to help any drive vibration slack slap to the main shaft drive. Tricky location placement.
Balance COG ??? got to be there some where you would think Any thoughts
Last edited by Desertboy4; Feb 25, 2018 at 10:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2018, 03:12 PM

Stingray 500

Do you or anyone have the rotor calibration card? I need on to finish programming mine.

Jeff Coskey
6one9 9one3 one455
Santee ca.
Cozz517@yahoo.com
Apr 13, 2019, 07:07 PM

Your project

that's looking really good man I've always interested in getting my of those and trying it out being that it's a variable prop on all four with a single motor very nice design and effect that you can flight upside down and right side up and everything else tricks it makes it very cool but scary at the same time so many things to break when it crashes
Joshua
Fly from the heart
May 07, 2019, 05:43 PM
Thread OP
Biggerhelis, Thanks its been a lot of fun and a real learning adventure. I have found out a ton on CP birds and its all good nothing like I was setting up Boy have I changed my thinking.
As for scary if crashed ! Hey not at all. Tthe parts are very reasonably priced and readily available. un like some quades.
Personal Note > as I found when the bird is configured correctly it fly's like a dream really stable steady level and lands lite as a feather. Hard to believe for its weight but very true Curtis Youngblood put out some great video tutorials to follow step by step.
Follow each to the letter an you'll be happy
Yes it is amazing just what this bird can do in the air toss it flip it kick a knife edge mow grass loops rolls stops on a dime and gives interest on your change and believe this it is a flat fast rocket right out of the box Oh Boy howdy.
Thanks for looking.
Happy flying
Jun 16, 2019, 07:00 AM

Stingray

I also just picked up a used one. Just waiting on spares/replacement parts from Hong Kong the shipment is slow but they supplied a tracking number. Hope to see them soon I want to get this project done and go fly
Jul 07, 2019, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottofly1
I also just picked up a used one. Just waiting on spares/replacement parts from Hong Kong the shipment is slow but they supplied a tracking number. Hope to see them soon I want to get this project done and go fly
You can still get parts from there? I'm to trying resurrect mine .
Jul 11, 2019, 05:50 PM
Thread OP
yes https://www.droneshelis.com/Drones/Stingray/Parts.html
Jul 12, 2019, 09:41 PM
Thanks Desertboy4 Ive been looking for some parts for a while now I was just getting the hang of the Stingray and crashed it bending just about all the rotor shafts and the frame.

Quick Reply