HobbyKing Piaget 2 Foamboard 3D Plane

Check out this cool looking foamy from HobbyKing. The Piaget is a flat foam 3D plane that is built from foambaord. You can get it in a kit, but this ARF is only $88.26 with the motor, ESC and servos included.

Splash

Foamy ARF Under $90

Check out this cool looking foamy from HobbyKing. The Piaget is a flat foam 3D plane that is built from foambaord. You can get it in a kit, but this ARF is only $88.26 with the motor, ESC and servos included. We really like the color scheme and this should be a tough model for learning 3D flight. Get your build on, but don't worry, it should take less than an hour to get it ready to fly. You'll just need to include your own battery and receiver to finish it out. What do you guys think about this one?

Check out the HobbyKing Piaget 2 ARF Foamboard 3D Plane Here

Specifications:

• Length: 900mm (35.4")
  • Wingspan: 820mm (32.2")
  • Weight: 210 - 240g
  • Motor: 1500kV Brushless outrunner
  • Servo: 3 x 9g
  • ESC: 10A
  • Requires: 2S~3S 800mah Lipo and a receiver

Mar 02, 2018, 12:49 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
I can't find a manual on the HK website, but it looks like there is no carbon rods to stiffen the fuse and flying surfaces?
Is the foamboard stiff enough 'as is' ?
Looks like it might be a fun backyard flyer.
Mar 02, 2018, 02:22 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Try this:

http://www.techonehobby.com/wp-conte...-ll-Manual.pdf

Don't know if HK changed anything besides colors. This is a great choice if you're into slow and easy 3D.
Mar 02, 2018, 02:53 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
Try this:

http://www.techonehobby.com/wp-conte...-ll-Manual.pdf

Don't know if HK changed anything besides colors. This is a great choice if you're into slow and easy 3D.
Thank you very much; I had no idea it was a TechOne plane.
Have a nice weekend !
Mar 02, 2018, 03:15 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Techone includes a high quality motor in their PNP. HK might have changed that out for one of their own. It would something to check out.

Mine:
https://www.motionrc.com/collections...aget-ii-3d-arb
Mar 02, 2018, 05:34 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Techone includes a high quality motor in their PNP. HK might have changed that out for one of their own. It would something to check out.

Mine:
https://www.motionrc.com/collections...aget-ii-3d-arb
The Techone is listed as EPP foam.
The HK says foam board ... which to me is Depron type foam skinned with paper.

Maybe they just switched the plane construction?
Mar 02, 2018, 07:15 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
I would bet poor wordsmanship on HK's part. It must be the Techone design to be able to use the name -- I'd imagine it's the same plane with some HK chrome on it. But I could be wrong.
Mar 02, 2018, 10:29 PM
Quote:
I would bet poor wordsmanship on HK's part. It must be the Techone design to be able to use the name -- I'd imagine it's the same plane with some HK chrome on it. But I could be wrong.
Hobbyking have been selling rebranded Tech One Planes for many many years now.
Mar 03, 2018, 07:05 AM
Flying a Falcon or a 3D model.
In the HK specification it is written EPP.
I'm sure it's the same plane. I red good things about it ( Paleomanjim) .
I had 2 old ver. Piaget. They were made of 5mm Epp instead of 10mm for the new one. With a higher wing loading, the new one is certainly faster, not best for indoor, but more crash resistant.
Mar 03, 2018, 10:08 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Hmmm, faster? My Piaget 2 is the slowest plane I own. Even slower than my Crack Yak Superlite which weighs much less. Since it doesn't seem attributable to wing loading, I assume it must be a very high drag count. But whatever the reason, "faster" and "Piaget 2" don't seem to go together.
Aug 17, 2018, 03:27 PM
I just started to put my HobbyKing Piaget together and I ran into a problem. I am using Foam-Tac glue which I believe is ok for this FOAMBOARD plane.
The problem is that the edges of the pieces are not flat! Either are U shapped or partial U such that when glue together the bottom side is about 1/32 "
away from each other.
So, looks like will have to square off all the edges.
Anybody else notice this?
Thought it was the same as the Techone, and they even refer you to that for the build instructions, but the big difference is that the Techone is EPP, and I just got done building their MXS-800 with no problems!
Bob
Oct 23, 2018, 04:50 AM
The first model Piaget 1 was made from the same material as the Techone piaget2, the Hobby King Piaget2 is made from a heavier foam board material which is skinned both sides to give more strength , this is why you don,t need carbon fibre bracing all over like the first model piaget. what i don,t like about the hobby king piaget2 is the lazer cutting as all perimeter cut areas are converse and not cut flat so you must trim these areas before any glueing is done.

Quick Reply