This thread is privately moderated by Rural Flyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 22, 2018, 09:19 PM
Thread OP
Video

Holy Stone HS300 first thoughts...

I started out with "entry-level" drones that typically are under $75 to $100 with brushed motors... It was a revelation moving up to a brushless model, but now I m going back to a brushed model with the Holy Stone HS300.

I d looked at the HS100 largely due to it's GPS capabilities and it's "follow me" function. But thought the HS300 fit my budget for now, it has a 1080p camera and looks to be running the same motors, so any investment in spare parts should make the upgrade a little more cost effective.

Straight out of the box not a single issue... It flew nice n smooth... Don't judge the cam too harshly as all there is to see is mud, ice and snow right now,.. I ll give the props a quick balance too before it fly's again as the video has a pronounced jello roll going on.

Holy Stone HS 300 First Flight Feb 22 2018 (2 min 23 sec)

In the course of reading up on the HS100 and HS300, I found a wealth of information on the Promark GPS Shadow, as it's a screw for screw mirror of the HS100 with the only notable difference being complaints about (Promark's) support and spare parts availability.

I m indifferent to who the actual manufacturer is but if YouTube forums and hack/mod websites are any indication Promark has a larger market share since getting on to Walmart shelves this past Xmas.

Has anyone found or noticed a similar scenario between the HS300 and model xx ??? I saw some speculation that it was an upscale Syma X8 clone, but haven't looked at the various model to see which one.,.

Any thoughts feel free to post below or send a link to an existing thread
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply