Oct 26, 2020, 11:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by exf3bguy
Doing as well as can be expected with Covid. Glad to be close to our grand daughter. The two R/C clubs that I joined are awesome. But yea, it's friggin fold up here. Tried to go flying yesterday when it was 45 degrees and a 10mph wind. Not so much, one flight and the heater on full blast for the drive home.

Could be worse. Robbin and loaded up the barge and went to southwest CO for a week just to see the sun. The Creek fire has the air quality at 200-300 on a good day. 2020 has been miserable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2020, 11:21 PM
We are about 20 miles from the worse Oregon fire. Had a week of air quality over 500. Just sealed up the house and did the best we could. 2020 has been a downer for sure, a few good moments still.
Oct 27, 2020, 03:13 AM
Welcome back Dan. Hope life's treating you well buddy.
Oct 28, 2020, 05:19 AM
Our days are getting a bit hot now so I am trying to get my practice done early in the morning. Been playing around with different primary and practice planes but I think I now need to settle on maybe one to practice with and one to fly a week or two before and during a contest. I think the MythoS 50e + MythoS Pro combination would be best option for me.

Time to put the Angel S, Miss Wind S and Wind S back into "reserve" status.

Oct 28, 2020, 06:49 PM
Thread OP
I flew my Mythos 125e a number of weeks ago before taking the Galactkia out. Unfortunately, my 8s and 10s packs were all pretty much shot. I had bought 6 5s to have at least three flights on the Galactkia before having to recharge a pack at the field. Then the charger went the way of the Dodo. I have 4 more packs and a new charger on the way along with a set of aluminum rims and a couple sets of foam replacement tires. With a bit of luck I'll have everything by the weekend. Sunday should be a good day of practice...
Nov 01, 2020, 01:25 PM
Thread OP

Finally made it out! Didnít get the extra battery packs, or the new wheels and what not. Did get the new charger though. Put in 5 flights, didnít stop shaking once!

Nov 02, 2020, 09:43 AM
Electrified User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney78865

Finally made it out! Didnít get the extra battery packs, or the new wheels and what not. Did get the new charger though. Put in 5 flights, didnít stop shaking once!

Very cool looking!
Nov 05, 2020, 05:30 PM
Thread OP
Finally have 5 new flight packs! Even received the misc widgets Iíve been waiting for.
Now it will be practice, practice, practice, on the simulator, going to rain this weekend.

Nov 05, 2020, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Finally have 5 new flight packs! Even received the misc widgets Iíve been waiting for.
Now it will be practice, practice, practice, on the simulator, going to rain this weekend.

Beautiful plane!

What simulator are you using?

Thanks, Rudi
Nov 06, 2020, 11:53 AM
Thread OP
I have an older version of Real Flight. I started using it when I started flying IMAC a couple years ago. Havenít used it at all for F3A. Actually, havenít used it much for IMAC either. But, Iím enthused about pattern again, and it is going to rain, what the hell...

Nov 06, 2020, 01:29 PM
Quote:
I have an older version of Real Flight. I started using it when I started flying IMAC a couple years ago. Havenít used it at all for F3A. Actually, havenít used it much for IMAC either. But, Iím enthused about pattern again, and it is going to rain, what the hell...

Thanks! I am thinking a simulator can only help, especially with a new schedule.
Nov 06, 2020, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
I used it mainly for my wife and I to practice her ďcallingĒ IMAC unknown sequences. IMAC verbiage is different from pattern, plus you ďreadĒ symbology. Pattern, is a narrative.
We would do very well with the ďknownĒ sequences and struggled with the unknown. Mostly because of our lack of being able to read the symbology.

Nov 08, 2020, 07:29 PM

Lassi Nurila's Sensation comes to life

I flew Masters Pattern in the 70's and returned to the hobby in 2011. I acquainted myself to modern pattern with a used Mythos Pro 2M. This led to the desire for a world class platform. I looked at the high end competitors and really liked Lassi's Sensation. This platform has a lot of wins in its original German version an this version. I contacted Lassi (Finland) back in January and he laid up/shipped a fuse. He also provided all the information to complete the build.

I had Don at Eureka cut the cores and purchase a new building table to handle the unique challenges of the build.

I only have 12 flights on the bird but I already know the potential far exceeds the Mythos. Very different flight characteristics but a joy to fly.
Nov 09, 2020, 08:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach
I flew Masters Pattern in the 70's and returned to the hobby in 2011. I acquainted myself to modern pattern with a used Mythos Pro 2M. This led to the desire for a world class platform. I looked at the high end competitors and really liked Lassi's Sensation. This platform has a lot of wins in its original German version an this version. I contacted Lassi (Finland) back in January and he laid up/shipped a fuse. He also provided all the information to complete the build.

I had Don at Eureka cut the cores and purchase a new building table to handle the unique challenges of the build.

I only have 12 flights on the bird but I already know the potential far exceeds the Mythos. Very different flight characteristics but a joy to fly.
Nicely done!
Nov 09, 2020, 08:41 PM
Thread OP
So a question for the collective. The Masters sequence has the first maneuver as a Cuban 8 with a roll at the top of each loop section. I am struggling with not flattening out the loop/roll section. I want to have the plane fall through the top of the arc while doing the roll, and keep the radius consistent. My Galactkia is VERY sensitive on the rudder making it tough to keep the plane from walking in or out if I use rudder to push the nose over.
I was thinking of moving the CG further forward. I hate to do that because it currently flies really well on the up and down lines as well as the rolling axis. Although, the rudder sensitivity may be in part from the CG being so far aft. Should I try moving the CG forward, and add a mix for the downline? (Currently I have no mixes)

Quick Reply