Buddy RC Magnet - 3-Inch Racing Drone By Detroit Multirotor

Dominate the course or your smallest freestyle spot with the 3" stretched Magnet from DMC. Available through Buddy RC, the Magnet is packed full of premium components.

Buddy RC Magnet - 3-Inch Racing Drone By Detroit Multirotor

A Buddy RC Exclusive

Check out this little 3" hotrod by Detroit Multirotor! The Magnet is a receiver-ready 3" stretch FPV racer that features 4K Japanese carbon fiber frame plates. On the laundry list of performance components outfitted on the Magnet are SunnySky Edge Racing 1106 5500KV brushless motors, Gemfan Flash 2540 3 blade propellers, an Omnibus F4 flight controller and Spedix 32-bit ESC with built-in OSD, Team Black Sheep Unify Pro HV race edition video transmitter, a RunCam Micro Swift camera, and a Tattu 75C 450mAh 3S LiPo battery for general flight.

The Magnet is a hot commodity, selling out within seconds on initial offerings. It's currently in stock at Buddy RC for $199.95, so CLICK HERE to read more and place your order.

Features:

• Designed by racers for racers, can be used for beginners as well as experts with different configurations.
  • The design has been proven successful in many FPV racing events.
  • Frame is designed and developed in the USA by Detroit Multirotor Company, the leading designer in FPV racing quads.
  • Composed of premium electronics and high quality parts.
  • Optimized flight characteristics, more agile in turns and banks, stable, and easy to control.

Components:

• Frame made of 4K Japanese carbon fiber plates.
  • Omnibus F4 32 bit flight controller with built-in OSD, configurable in BetaFight.
  • Spedix 32bit 4 in 1 ESC up to 25A continuous current, flashed with BLHeli_S program, Dshot 1200 and turtle mode supported.
  • SunnySky Edge Racing 1106 5500KV brushless motor runs up to 4S LiPo and 3" propellers.
  • Gemfan Flash 2540 3 blade propellers, two sets are included in the package.
  • RunCam Micro Swift Camera, with the Sony CCD sensor capturing sharp, vivid, and wide dynamic range video.
  • Team Black Sheep Unify Pro HV race edition video transmitter, 40 channels, pit mode, smart audio functions. 25 and 200mW available for US version, 25mW for European version.
  • Powered by Tattu 75C 450mAh 3S LiPo battery for general flight. Two packs included in the package (Batteries may not be available in some countries due to shipping regulations)

Power Recommendations:

• Beginner flights - 2S 800mAh LiPo, 2540 3 blade propellers.
  • Intermediate and indoor flights - 3S 450mAh LiPo, 2540 3 bade propellers.
  • Expert and outdoor flights - 4S 450mAh LiPo, 3 inch propellers.
  • Exceeding more than 4S or 3 inch propellers of high pitch can add extreme load to the power system causing component failure, and will not be covered by warranty.

CLICK HERE for the RCGroups thread already in progress.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Feb 22, 2018 at 01:30 PM..
Feb 22, 2018, 11:17 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
I like it! Love that top plate!
Feb 22, 2018, 11:18 AM
Me too, it's rare to see a logo integrated into a frame, and the Buddy RC magnet is
Feb 27, 2018, 01:44 PM
So its actually a 2.5in not a 3in? The motors are advertised to be able to spin up to a 3in but the included props are the all hailed GemFan 2540 which are 2.5in and looks like the frame is made for 2.5in. Slightly confusing but looks like a nice 2.5in rig none the less.
Feb 27, 2018, 02:27 PM
polar313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride1226
So its actually a 2.5in not a 3in? The motors are advertised to be able to spin up to a 3in but the included props are the all hailed GemFan 2540 which are 2.5in and looks like the frame is made for 2.5in. Slightly confusing but looks like a nice 2.5in rig none the less.
3” props will fit this frame without any modifications. The problem is finding 3” props with the bolt pattern. I know of the Gemfan 3025. I think RotorX also makes a T style prop for 11series motors.
Mar 04, 2018, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know what is the best receiver to put on this particular quad? I just received mine on Friday I don't know what Fr Sky receiver I should use! Thanks in advance
Mar 04, 2018, 07:01 PM
polar313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Vincenzi
Does anyone know what is the best receiver to put on this particular quad? I just received mine on Friday I don't know what Fr Sky receiver I should use! Thanks in advance
R-xsr is what I used. It’s a great little rx for this rig.
Mar 10, 2018, 10:36 PM
Emax avan has a 3" prop out with the correct bolt pattern.

Quick Reply