Feb 22, 2018, 05:18 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Yaw Twist On Hard Thrust Input Help?

Im experiencing a yaw twisting when I push hard on the thrust on my quad copter.
I started experiencing this issue after a light crash in a cord feild and on the next flight it caused me issues as in stabilise mode when pressing the thrust upwards on the stick input the quadcopter twists on the yaw axis and makes it very difficult to fly and correct mid flight.

I have re calibrated the esc's all of them and been over the soldering as well as re calibrating and installing the latest firmware for everything on the quad-copter.
Im running a pixhawk so I don't know if that can help with trouble shooting?

I can take her out to fly on loiter mode and I don't really see a issue because its so smooth, however on stabilise and other modes the yaw issue is very difficult to work with as it does twist quite aggressively sometimes. i have a video sort of showcasing it that i will try to upload when i get chance. Im not really to great with reading logs so I have no idea how to fix this? any ideas where to start?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2018, 11:44 AM
Closed Account
After a crash? Look closely at your propeller alignment. Closely.. even twisted slightly can cause a big turn when you hit the power. I’m willing to bet the prop or arm assy is twisted in the same direction as your yaw upon throttle up is.

Probably stays good in loiter because it’s not bad enough to where the FC couldn’t keep it straight.
Feb 27, 2018, 12:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
After a crash? Look closely at your propeller alignment. Closely.. even twisted slightly can cause a big turn when you hit the power. I’m willing to bet the prop or arm assy is twisted in the same direction as your yaw upon throttle up is.

Probably stays good in loiter because it’s not bad enough to where the FC couldn’t keep it straight.

Ive had a look and play around today I cant see any major or minor twist, and the aircraft seems to have the same fault even when I adjust them slightly to try and be more level?
Feb 27, 2018, 12:03 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
after a crash?

loose or broken standoffs. have to carefully check each one.
Feb 27, 2018, 05:29 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidD
Ive had a look and play around today I cant see any major or minor twist, and the aircraft seems to have the same fault even when I adjust them slightly to try and be more level?
I mean compare the arms. What I do is hover the craft in front of you (Be Careful!!). Get eye level with the props against a contrasting background. You will see the "circles" that are the props spinning. Look at each one, chances are you will see one of them that is at an angle compared to the other three. That will be the arm you tweek to straighten it up. I hope this makes some kind of sense, it is the best way I can describe it.

If you look at the picture below, you can see the drone is almost eye level, and can see that each prop is straight aligned with the others. This is what yours should look like when it hovers. if it doesn't, tweek the bent arm and recheck..
Mar 22, 2018, 07:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
I mean compare the arms. What I do is hover the craft in front of you (Be Careful!!). Get eye level with the props against a contrasting background. You will see the "circles" that are the props spinning. Look at each one, chances are you will see one of them that is at an angle compared to the other three. That will be the arm you tweek to straighten it up. I hope this makes some kind of sense, it is the best way I can describe it.

If you look at the picture below, you can see the drone is almost eye level, and can see that each prop is straight aligned with the others. This is what yours should look like when it hovers. if it doesn't, tweak the bent arm and recheck..

Hello, I am sorry for taking so long, I did take the drone out the other day and tried this theory, in loiter at eye level the drone arms seemed pretty similar on every one, im not sure if this is my issue, is there anything you are aware of that I can check?
Mar 23, 2018, 05:21 PM
Closed Account
The fact that you only see the issue during full throttle tells me the twist is very slight. Is your craft a home build, or a kit of some kind?

I still feel its crash-related. I would suggest a compass/accelerometer calibration first, just to help eliminate the flight controller. If you can fit it, a level on all four arms to see which one is bent. Go from there.
Mar 24, 2018, 10:24 PM
possibly debris inside the motor .

Quick Reply