This thread is privately moderated by GBLynden, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 21, 2018, 10:51 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Unboxing Only - FEI LUN FX176C2 RTF GPS Drone With WiFi FPV

This is the unboxing only for the FEI LUN FX176C2 RTF GPS Drone With WiFi FPV. It is a very budget friendly RC Aircraft.

Unboxing Only - FEI LUN FX176C2 RTF GPS Drone With WiFi FPV (9 min 31 sec)

Here are the Pros and Cons:

Pros:
- Seems like a well thought out budget friendly RC GPS Drone
- The ability to fly with the App with Wifi FPV and GPS is cool
- The price using the link with the coupon code included in the description is pretty impressive
- Because of the battery plug it comes with, it can be charged with a hobby grade charger
- The lights are nice and bright

Cons:
- Camera does not appear to be terrific
- The direction the FPV antenna was facing so far and that was an easy fix
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2018, 04:32 PM
GatorsFly

Rookie questions on Feulin

Can anyone tell me if the prop screws are all right hand threads?

Also how to buy replacement motors and props.

I lost well missed placed at Best.. The stock battery.. Can anyone tell me the weight of that battery..

I finally got the bird back out of tree after a week of raining on it. It dried out well and flies again..

I am using a 1200mh Trantula battery and this thing flies so slow and tries to fall out of the sky when throttled.. I wonder if this battery is to heavy for the minimal power..

Has anyone been able to work the follow me etc

Be Well All
Jun 08, 2018, 07:28 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
That battery you are using is WAY too heavy for a light weight design like this. It comes with a 700mAh pack and every gram counts. That is part of the reason the body is made with such a light weight plastic.

I haven't had to take off the props, but I would very carefully try the old lefty loosey, righty tighty approach
Jun 09, 2018, 09:15 PM
GatorsFly

Feilun FX176c

Thanks for the help..

I actually could not do a weight comparison because I misplaced the original battery..

I was stuck in the old adage.. Bigger is better.. I kind of remember the first time or two I first flew it that is seemed more peppy.

It served its purpose and it helped me develop a few steps closer to becoming a jockey.

I actually sold it to a buddy who wanted a slow bird to train with.. He has two others that were too fast for him to control..

I will let him know that he can speed it up by dialing back to smaller battery..

Be Well All
Jun 16, 2018, 07:19 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
I am glad you found a resolution and helped out your buddy! One thing to keep in mind is that the extra weight will burn out the ESC's and motors more quickly. Be sure to let your buddy know that not to fly for very long in hot weather.
Jun 17, 2018, 05:32 AM
GatorsFly
Thanks GBL..

Good to know as I am still and first level rookie with 5 lost or should I saw unobtainable birds..

As far as in the hot.. We get a little of that here in the Sunshine State.. Snicker snicker... But because of that we only fly at dawn and dusk.

Be Well All
Jun 17, 2018, 07:26 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
Good luck and let me know if you need any more help. A lot of great guys helped me get going on this board, so I am happy to return the favor.

GB
Jul 08, 2018, 10:30 AM
GatorsFly
GB

My buddy that bought mine is now having issues..

It was working fine but now the bird wifi will not show up on phone.. any phone. Satellites show up 19.

It does not turn Leds solid after calibration.. The motors spin up but no launch.. Any ideas..

Thanks from the Florida guys.

Be Well All
Jul 09, 2018, 11:04 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
I am wondering if he had a crash that knocked something loose.
Jul 10, 2018, 07:27 AM
GatorsFly
GB

Naw,

Never crashed since he owned it. I see a "lot" of other folks with same problem..

Do you know how to contact manufacturer..
I see why Gearbest lowered price to 50 bucks.

Thanks

Be Well All
Jul 10, 2018, 05:57 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
I do not know that, but I am sure where ever you got yours from should be able to help you out. I got mine from Tomtop.

Keep me posted either way.

GB
Jul 10, 2018, 06:42 PM
GatorsFly
GB

Thats a warm fuzzy thought but Gearbest is terrible to deal with.. If those birds were not having lots of issues they probably would not have slashed the price..

He ordered a nice SJRC.. Much more substantial bird for a few dollars more.

Thanks for the help

Be Well All
Jul 10, 2018, 08:06 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
I am not familiar with that brand, but I hope he has better luck with it. I personally am partial to the MXJ line and the Eachine versions of that line as well. They are quality for being "Toy Grade" and a great value.

As far as price slashing goes, I'd say that has more to do with the fact that the new product pipeline is so huge and ever changing. Every few months there are significant leaps forward with what you can get for the same price.

GB
Jul 11, 2018, 05:39 AM
GatorsFly
GB

I see on YT you bought a UP100 Duo balance charger.. I just ordered one.. It's too late but.. How do you like yours..

Have you tried a parallel board with it..

Thanks

Be Well All
Last edited by GatorsFly; Jul 11, 2018 at 05:56 AM.
Jul 11, 2018, 01:31 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
I love it so much I bought a second one. I have done parallel charging with it and it has been successful.

Quick Reply