Jan 07, 2019, 02:48 PM
Low budget fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyburt
any one know how to program a radiolink rc6gs to turn lights off and on?
You need a light box. Or make one your own from Arduino.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2019, 01:37 PM
Does the GT5 show the actual expo curve on screen when you make adjustments?
Jan 23, 2019, 06:43 PM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbagel423
Does the GT5 show the actual expo curve on screen when you make adjustments?
Naw, no graphical display.

Also posting for someone who requested how i modified my Tx to use a larger 950mah lipo.
Feb 09, 2019, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau
(This was in the manual as compatible, but also could not get it to work =(
FS-IA6

For those who say it does work, please provide a video or some type of proof to 1 show your baus and 2 how we can follow this, otherwise I'm inclined to think you made it up.

I've spent hours trying to get them to bind with multiple FS-GR3E and multiple HK-GT2's without success, what bothered me the most was the FS-IA6 not working and that is AFHDS-2A?!?!?! and I'm not the only one on that, same results from others in the RCCrawler forum.
sorry, no video but here are the steps:
1. put the bind plug on the 6ch port
2. power up the receiver using any other port (the red bind led will flash rapidly)
3. power up the transmitter holding down the BIND button
4. the transmitter will power up, you may read "BIND..." on the display
5. wait until the red bind led on the receiver flashes slowly
6. power off the transmitter and the receiver, remove the bind plug
now the bind is established and on the next power up they will communicate.

Following the above procedure I was able to bind my GT5 to an iA6 receiver, and they seem to mantain the bind over time: I waited a couple of minutes (so there's no timeout as stated on the other forum). I still do not use this receiver on a model, so maybe they will lose the binding after several minutes but I see no reasons why they should. I found that a key to a successfull binding is a reliable power source for the receiver, e.g. fresh batteries.

Same steps allowed me to bind my GT5 to an A3 receiver: in this case you must put the bind plug on the upper most input, pay attention because the markings may be confusing.
Credit to the author of this video:
How to Bind the FS-GR3F Receiver - It Probably Isn't Faulty! (1 min 14 sec)
(transmitter and receiver are different but the procedure is the same).

On the other hand, it seems I can't bind neither A3 nor iA6 receivers to a RM003 module used on a Turnigy 9XR Pro...
May 03, 2019, 05:50 AM
RC Dork

Ch3 button function?

Can anyone tell me how the ch3 button works on the GT5? Is it a toggle button? or a press & hold kind of thing?
May 03, 2019, 07:21 AM
If channel 3 is the button down by the grip it is a toggle switch. It toggles between high and low each time you press it - works great for turning lights on and off.
May 24, 2019, 12:50 AM

GT5 telemetry

Does anyone know if the GT5 can display telemetry sensor information please?
May 24, 2019, 09:28 AM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavsv8
Does anyone know if the GT5 can display telemetry sensor information please?
Nope.
Jun 19, 2019, 02:43 PM
any cheap receiver work for this radio? dont need all six channel, most likely four is good enough.

but want the rx to be small, taking abuses and easy to handle voptage 1s or 2s directly.
Last edited by modelerchina; Jun 19, 2019 at 02:50 PM.
Jun 19, 2019, 03:51 PM
Low budget fun
Since it's AFHDS 2A I think you can try this one.
I use it with my multiprotocol.
https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS2A...-1214269.html?
Jun 20, 2019, 10:04 AM
Are Turnigy flysky and frsky all same stuff? I am total confused.

This GT5 is tagged as a turnigy brand on hobbyking website, and it is NOT listed on Flysky website.
I understand brand doesn't matter but protocol does, so as long as they are doing AFHDS2A, then they work. But I want some official source listing all the receiver on one web page so I can pick the right model. So far all I find is anecdote people exchange ideas all kinds of Turnigy flysky and frsky around.
Jun 20, 2019, 10:28 AM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelerchina
Are Turnigy flysky and frsky all same stuff? I am total confused.

This GT5 is tagged as a turnigy brand on hobbyking website, and it is NOT listed on Flysky website.
I understand brand doesn't matter but protocol does, so as long as they are doing AFHDS2A, then they work. But I want some official source listing all the receiver on one web page so I can pick the right model. So far all I find is anecdote people exchange ideas all kinds of Turnigy flysky and frsky around.
You would think they should be the same, logic would say Turnigy just re-badges the FlySky, however above LoveMyToys states he is able to get an iA6 Rx (I'm assuming a FlySky FS-iA6) to hold a bind when me and my buddy weren't able to have a TGY-iA6 Turnigy flavor hold a bind for more than 5-6 seconds, trust me using the steps above and every other thing we can think of (moving the transmitter 3 ft away during binding, adding servos, removing servos, fresh batteries, several bind plugs, waiting for the stars and moon to be in alignment ...) we tried soo many times and nothing could keep the bind held.

But to your question I have the FlySky branded GT5 my buddy bought the Turnigy brand from hobby king, they are the same, we both can bind to FS-BS6 rx's and the Turnigy GT5 Receivers.

Looking back I only purchased 1 TGY-iA6 (possibly was defective), I should have purchased at least 2 and also the FS-iA6 none re-badge one as well for testing. I originally purchased the iA6 as someone in another forum reported even with the gyro off his servos were glitching in a Crawler he had, I am happy to report I have no glitching in my 1/8th scale 4WS crawler, so I'm sticking with the Turnigy GT5 receivers.
Jun 20, 2019, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
Since it's AFHDS 2A I think you can try this one.
I use it with my multiprotocol.
https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS2A...-1214269.html?
This look like a drone version of RX that require extra soldiering, I need plug and play stuff for boat and car with this pistol radio.
also I am not sure if the radio(surface) has any difference from an air unit, protocol like dsm2 is not air-surface exchangeable.
Jun 20, 2019, 02:13 PM
Low budget fun
Yes, it needs tons of soldering. I like it because I use it with micro car with JST-ZH 1.5mm plugs so I don't have to pull the original pins out.

This receiver works with surface transmitter iT4S too so I presume AFHDS 2A is the same. Actually most of the Chinese protocols are the same between surface and air. Unlike Spektrum that I also found out the hard way air and surface are not compatible.
Jun 23, 2019, 04:48 AM
RC Sailor
Hi, I have a TGY-iA6, and bought a HK GT5 receiver for RC sailboat. It's because a bit watertight and I need a HV receiver. The bind works with no problem. I don't need the built in gyro. Anybody has an information about how to switch off the receiver's gyro?

Quick Reply