Feb 20, 2018, 09:37 PM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Contest

Los Banos 2018 - 25th Year!!

Hi All,

We are a little slow off the mark as usual. The dates are Saturday April 21 & Sunday 22, 2018. The usual group will likely amass on Wednesday to enjoy the great air that always precedes the event, and scalies will start showing up Thursday and Friday. We will be out the morning of Friday 20th to set up - we can use 2-3 people to help with that, as we are missing at least 2 people this year from our traditional crew We plan to aerotow on Friday also if the slope isn't working.

We will need help on Saturday morning from 8:00 AM until 10:00 AM with Registration, someone to handle T-shirt sales, the paid raffle (it's back for 2018!), and someone to help with lunch prep and service. I will bring the Baked Beans, Potato Salad, grill, charcoal, dogs, burgers, buns, drinks, etc.. Anyone who needs vegetarian burgers let me know!

If you are planning to attend and fly, please complete the online application at: https://www.scalesoaring.com/los-banos-registration so we can get a headcount.

Please also indicate if you want a T-shirt, what size, and short sleeve or long sleeve - you can use the Towplanes section of the form for this.

We have some nice prizes for the raffle, and cool awards for the Pilot's Choice (Vintage, Modern, Best of Show).

Any comments, questions, or suggestions are always welcome -just post here or email me at: scalesoaring@sbcglobal.net.

Bruce
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2018, 12:46 PM
High Lift Coefficient
It's only been 25 years??

I can help with the setup Friday morning.
Feb 26, 2018, 11:20 AM
Where coming out, Tim & Dave Candee.

don't know what day, but certainly Saturday and Sunday.

Tim
Apr 05, 2018, 12:27 AM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy

Los Banos 2018 T-shirt graphics

Here is the t-shirt art for the 25th Anniversary. Please email me to reserve your shirt if you haven't done so through your registration form:
scalesoaring@sbcglobal.net.

Short Sleeve: L, XL, XXL $20.00

Long Sleeve: L, XL, XXL $25.00

If you are planning to attend and fly, please complete the online application through the link in the top post.

Please also indicate if you want a T-shirt, what size, and short sleeve or long sleeve - you can use the Towplanes section of the form for this.
Apr 06, 2018, 02:48 AM
A quick question. I have not attended this event in the past so I would like to know if there is time allotted for non-scale slope soaring?
Apr 07, 2018, 05:40 PM
It's up to the Event Cordinator on this. Usually after 4pm in the afternoon on Saturday. Sunday is more open due to the weather and people leaving. Before Saturday of the week like Wed to Friday is open for all. No electric motor planes. We had a Hot liner start a grass fire on the hill. Due to heavy slop winds at the time. And cancel the event early that year. But the Main Event is Scale Fun Fly Only.

Tim
Apr 08, 2018, 10:51 AM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Electric launch gliders both scale and TD are allowed, non-scale only during Open Flying hours.
Last edited by Bruce DeVisser; Apr 08, 2018 at 03:02 PM.
Apr 10, 2018, 07:09 PM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy

Los Banos 25th Event Update

Hi Everyone,

For the 25th we are having the traditional Pilots (free) raffle again, and a paid raffle, on Saturday. Lots of goodies supported by donors including Ockham Hobby Marketing LLC and Hobby Club, including a Horizon Ka-8 ARF, TMRC Cherokee kit, a vintage glider kit, glues, glider hardware, etc. etc..

On Saturday we will offer Burgers, Hot Dogs, Sausages, Chicken, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, drinks and cookies; if there is enough interest I could be convinced to grill some burgers on Friday also...

Please make sure to sign up in advance using the registration form at:
https://www.scalesoaring.com/los-banos-registration

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

Bruce and Lynsel
Apr 12, 2018, 12:26 AM
Hello! I am trying to register for the event but the website at

https://www.scalesoaring.com/los-banos-registration

is giving an 1803 error on the registration page and also the Contact Us page - so I can't even tell the webmaster about it! I will check page again tomorrow but Bruce if you have a contact there can you let them know? Thanks!!

Quick Reply