Feb 21, 2018, 08:16 PM
Thread OP
FWIW, I know it's more money, but the big brother version is the 10428 and it has a two-speed gearbox for those who like to crawl. It's also a lot taller.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2018, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
FWIW, I know it's more money, but the big brother version is the 10428 and it has a two-speed gearbox for those who like to crawl. It's also a lot taller.
already have a twin hammers.
Feb 22, 2018, 07:17 AM
Thread OP
I can shift my 10428 and see the arm move on the gearbox, but, I don't really see the reduction in speed. I'd hate to tear it all apart to find out what's going on because I don't see myself using it as a crawler. I bought it based on the height so I can run it in my yard with tall grass.
Feb 22, 2018, 08:42 AM
Yesterday I smash my rear shaft, already bought a new in metal.
Bought rear diferencial in metal (from bangood) and a original to the front, I have a problem with the front...

Im waiting shock oil, but need another shocks to..

I dont know which should buy..
Feb 22, 2018, 08:47 AM
Quote:
I can shift my 10428 and see the arm move on the gearbox, but, I don't really see the reduction in speed. I'd hate to tear it all apart to find out what's going on because I don't see myself using it as a crawler. I bought it based on the height so I can run it in my yard with tall grass.
Hi if it's like the twin hammers it should go a lot slower try pushing the rod in by hand and see if you can get the gear to switch.... with the twin hammers you supposed to switch gears when the truck is moving. if nothing happens maybe somethings stuck inside maybe you can use a spray oil and try and spray some inside somehow.
Feb 22, 2018, 10:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by felyzardo
Yesterday I smash my rear shaft, already bought a new in metal.
Bought rear diferencial in metal (from bangood) and a original to the front, I have a problem with the front...

Im waiting shock oil, but need another shocks to..

I dont know which should buy..
I am still waiting for my O-Rings from Banggood to try rebuilding my stock shocks. I bought the ones I listed on page #1 for the rear. Most of what I buy from them takes a good 3 weeks to get here. The O-rings have been a month and I'm still waiting. I would like to put in another order, but this waiting has me worried.
Feb 22, 2018, 10:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman
Hi if it's like the twin hammers it should go a lot slower try pushing the rod in by hand and see if you can get the gear to switch.... with the twin hammers you supposed to switch gears when the truck is moving. if nothing happens maybe somethings stuck inside maybe you can use a spray oil and try and spray some inside somehow.
That's just it, getting to the inside means taking a lot of the driveline apart, from what I see. I shifted it my hand when I was waiting for new servos. I had to replace ALL of the electronics on mine when the receiver/ESC went out!!
Feb 22, 2018, 10:27 AM
its normal you have to wait, I wait two months for my 12428....
Feb 22, 2018, 10:28 AM
Thread OP

Rear Links

I posted yesterday about the new rear links I made. I think they're a little overkill and heavy. I'll try doing the same thing in 8-32 size instead of 1/4-20.
Feb 22, 2018, 10:44 AM
Wheel hex extenders arrived. Decided I'm not lowering it for I like how it looks. Bigger wheels next I think.....
Feb 22, 2018, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felyzardo
its normal you have to wait, I wait two months for my 12428....
Unfortunately yes.

I ordered mine from Gearbest 18/11/17, arrived 28/01/18.

Check your sellers delivery times and if exceeded put in a claim with PayPal etc... and re-order from elsewhere.
Feb 22, 2018, 02:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
Unfortunately yes.

I ordered mine from Gearbest 18/11/17, arrived 28/01/18.

Check your sellers delivery times and if exceeded put in a claim with PayPal etc... and re-order from elsewhere.
For some reason, they broke up my order into 3 orders. If they had left it all as one, there would be less chance of it getting lost. A bunch of O-rings will come in a small envelope that can easily get lost coming from China!
Feb 22, 2018, 02:48 PM
Thread OP
Pastell, the truck looks good. I had those wheels and tires on mine, but had clearance problems when I put the new rod ends on the front.
Speaking of which, if I turn mine left and and let the transmitter wheel go, it comes to one center position. If I turn right and let it go, I get something completely different. Drives you nuts when you're trying to set the front alignment!
Feb 22, 2018, 03:55 PM
Quote:
For some reason, they broke up my order into 3 orders. If they had left it all as one, there would be less chance of it getting lost. A bunch of O-rings will come in a small envelope that can easily get lost coming from China!
Ordered the same O-rings 12/12/17 arrived 29/12/17, 17 days to deliver and they work as expected.
Feb 22, 2018, 04:24 PM

Steering assembly fix?

Hey Guys! Has anyone figured out a better setup for the 12428 steering system? The first thing that failed was the original plastic slider, so as you can see, I upgraded the entire front end with Aluminum, and it still sucks! lol The flaw is in the design. When the servo rod push/pulls on the attachment point of the slider, it twists (torques) the bar which increases friction and jambs. So bad that it twists the plastic chassis where the servo mounts.
Thanks!
Jimmy

PS: the only other thing that has failed (so far!) was the sh1tty rear diff. I think the front might be getting worn internally as well but still works. Gonna try and lock the original rear with epoxy as an experiment/spare. One of these days, I will make a thread with all my mods. I did something interesting with longer rear upper links (96 mm) which straightens out the rear drive shaft angle. $3.50 https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-1-10-Cen...n/192356839758

Quick Reply