I don’t sorry.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2018, 12:37 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Subscribed

Getting me one of these little bad boys for my homeless K45
Mar 28, 2018, 03:35 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
price looks sooo tempting ...I don't think there is anything in market full composite for this price ,,,

I would love to have one in a fantasy military scheme lol

how much is the shipping $ for this beauty.

Mike
Mar 28, 2018, 05:09 PM
2019 EDF Jet Jam June 13-16
I think Greg told me it’s a flat $75 but why don’t you email them at info at Jag –rc.com
Mar 28, 2018, 06:57 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
any option for clear canopy? its looks odd to have a painted canopy on a jet this size

Mike
Apr 20, 2018, 04:37 PM
My wife was great and got me one of these for my birthday with the landing gear brakes at Greg from Jag-rc.coms recommendation. He is right, for an extra $50 bucks it is worth it to have brakes. I have to say that this kit is beautiful and very well made. There is much more room under the canopy than I initially thought. The space for the edf is great and the build itself is pretty robust. The landing gear from Hsd is a real winner also. I can't wait to fly this thing. I plan to set mine up with an 8s Mercury V2 edf. I used Greg's suggestion of the KST x12508 servo's and they fit pretty well. He was right when he stated that most of the work was done by the factory. I had to do some slight shaving to get the servos to slide in, but once in place they fit very well. I got most of the kit built and am just waiting for my Xicoy balances from Greg so that I can figure out electronic placement. Jag-rc should have kits in stock the second week in May, but from what I understand the are being preordered pretty fast. I am considering getting another for a foray into the turbine world.
Will post pics when I get a chance.
Tone
Apr 21, 2018, 09:51 AM
How about posting some pics
Apr 22, 2018, 11:54 AM
Here are my build pics so far:
1. One thing I added was a platform to raise up my esc. This was due to the wire coming out of the front of my Mercury V2 fan. It moved the sec forward a bit and I did not want the wires directly on top of my gyro receiver causing issues. It also gave me more room to adjust my electronics.
2. I also added 8 pin MPX connectors to make wing connections easy.
3. The thrust tube that came with the jet is sturdy and light but it is shaped weird. The opening has a step is is too large to fit the end of a 90mm edf. Tired it on a jetfan and a JPMorgan hobby. The exhaust is WAY too small to be a 85% fsa. For these reasons I opted to make my own thrust tube that fits snugly and have a correct 85% fsa

Hope you enjoy,
Tone
Last edited by TS8103; Apr 22, 2018 at 12:07 PM.
May 08, 2018, 05:37 PM
Has anyone else purchased one of these yet?
Tone
May 09, 2018, 06:38 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
I have one that I got early for review. Waiting on servos to arrive, I was really hoping to have it at Nall. K-45 powered.

The construction appears excellent and I can't wait to get it in the air.
May 09, 2018, 10:00 AM
Hi Tone, not being a EDF guy, I was told that the thrust tube was to small in diameter for a 90mm fan, but I will say that it seems to work very nicely and I wanted to fly it stock to see how the performance was. Although I think I will some day make a new tube like you did and see if there is a difference. If you have not already, I will contact Harlock about increasing the outlet diameter in future production runs.

What is the outlet diameter you ended up with?

There is a way around the servo sticking out the nose...Electron Retracts has a combo for the Viper 140 now, but unfortunately like anything else in life, you pay for the better quality. The Electron Combo with brakes is $700 retail, but you can see from the pictures there is a huge difference in quality. For the turbine version flying off of grass, I would highly recommend the Electron combo...but I am also promoting and using the HSD gear in the EDF Version.

Let me know how the maiden goes!
May 09, 2018, 10:45 AM
Will do Greg. Hope to have the maiden up soon. Got most of it built just waiting for the gyro to arrive and a day off with good weather. My exit diameter ended up being just under 75mm for a 85% FSA.
Tone
May 09, 2018, 10:46 AM
Here are some pics I made of a stand for transport and storage.
Tone
May 09, 2018, 11:18 AM
WOW, all in with two in your fleet!
May 09, 2018, 01:55 PM
I crashed my stinger just before my birthday. I was planning on getting one anyway eventually and when she could not get the Xicoy's I wanted in time I think she felt bad and replaced my stinger with a Harlock and got the Viper I wanted.
Not complaining here lol,
Tone

Quick Reply