Feb 18, 2018, 03:01 PM
89" Kool Aid drinker.
Thread OP
Discussion

Harlock-RC Viper, any comments yet?

Hey guys,

Harlock-RC

A friend of mine showed this new company to me and was wondering if there are any in the hands of users yet.

Any information is welcome and encouraged.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2018, 04:54 PM
I know nothing about it but I looks interesting. I wonder who the distributor is?
Tone
Feb 21, 2018, 05:25 PM
2022 EDF Jet Jam, June 9-11
I think someone in the midwest!
Feb 21, 2018, 05:39 PM
Greg Alderman is handling this model he has samples coming and plans to order 8 to 10 split between colors you can contact them here : mailto:[email protected]
Feb 21, 2018, 10:39 PM
89" Kool Aid drinker.
Thread OP
Thanks for the info. I guess they haven't been released yet.

The pricing seems reasonable if the quality is good.

Mike
Feb 22, 2018, 09:43 AM
The Harlock RC is basically the same company that was making the Zeal Jets 2.5m ViperJet that I have been flying the past couple of seasons. They sort of went away for a year or so as the main guy got hired by another company to help them with their composite work and he didn't have time to do both.

A year or so ago I received a couple of samples of this 1.4m ViperJet that I was going to do one EDF and another turbine. But when I was told Zeal Jets was going away and the 1.4m ViperJet was not going to be produced for at least a year I sort of just put both of them on a shelf where they still sit. Quality was very nice and they weighed basically nothing.

I have been told there are some improvements over the samples I got a year ago from Zeal Jets, and I should have a Green Sample waiting for me on Monday when I get back from the AMA Expo East Show that is going on this weekend.

Once I get it, I will get pictures and a short box opening video. I will reply here but probably start another thread also.

Right now if, quality is good, I hope to order at least 5 or each color and also a few turbine conversion kits.

The HSD landing gear for their "Super Viper" fits and is a very economical with no brakes for the EDF version, or I will also offer upgraded wheels that will have electric brakes. Also, since I am the US Distributor for Electron Retracts, I will offer a combo for this Viper for the turbine version. The Electron Retracts will be quite a bit more expensive, and would be overkill for the EDF Version.

If anyone is at all interested, please give me a shout at [email protected] or [email protected].

I am still working on a the website for JAG RC, it is up...but under major construction as I have NO clue what I am doing on the website and am over my head! LOL...but learning!

Will get more info as soon as I can!

Greg Alderman
Feb 22, 2018, 11:40 PM
89" Kool Aid drinker.
Thread OP
Greg, thanks for chiming in. I look forward to the pictures and a review.

Mike
Feb 23, 2018, 11:40 AM
Greg is a really great guy and cares about his customers. As a plus he has many years of experience in the RC field. I too look forward to his review and can't wait until he is up and running with his new venture. Buy with confidence!
Tone
Mar 01, 2018, 07:12 AM
Sorry guys, real job (HeliDirect) has gotten in the way this week on opening up the box. I did receive the airframe on Monday and have already ordered a second airframe in Red with their turbine conversion kit to set it up with a KingTech K45.

I am also waiting on receiving the 16 XPert Micro servos for the 2 airframes. The Xpert Micro servo is probably overkill at 115 oz-in and 0.61 speed at 8.4v, but they are great servos and I have XPert in all of my Jets, airplanes and helicopters and never had a failure. (Have 100+ of XPert servos in aircraft!).

Have decided to go really stupid on this little jet and put JePe Storm 90 fan unit on 12S using a pair of Pulse 2600 6S packs..or I want to see how the Pulse 12S 3000 stick pack works. The stick pack was originally made to fit in the 12S Goblin 570 Helicopter.

With the JePe Storm 90 Fan on 12S they claim 50N...so 11lbs of thrust on a 9lb EDF should have spirited performance!

I a trying to get a short open box video today as Harlock RC asked me to do one...then I will get into a closer look and post pictures here.

Thanks Tone for kind words, was good talking to you again! Miss those days flying with the Baltimore Boyz!

Best
Greg
Mar 01, 2018, 12:29 PM
post some pix of it?
Mar 01, 2018, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Alderman

Thanks Tone for kind words, was good talking to you again! Miss those days flying with the Baltimore Boyz!

Best
Greg
Ditto Greg. Those days set the hook for me in the hobby. Man we had some good times. Looking forward to checking out your collection sometime soon.
That JP storm should seriously rock the Harlock. I wonder how long your flights will be on 12s? Either way I am looking forward to your video. I originally thought of getting so getting a little bigger but find myself checking out the Harlock website more and more often lol.
Tone
Mar 13, 2018, 01:31 PM
Looks like a pretty easy build. The hsd retracts are a drop in. 90mm composite leaves plenty of room (to be hollow to save on weight )

I'm sure it will fly fine. It's a viperjet.
Mar 23, 2018, 11:14 PM
OK, I am sorry, I really don't get on the forums very often. I am trying to get better at it as I know a lot of you all get your info from the forums! So if I want to get this little jet out there...I need to start pushing it!

The weather finally broke for a day here in Indiana so I made it out to maiden the Harlock RC Viper 140 today. On 12S it rocks! I am using 5 year old Pulse 3700 and 4100mA 45C 6S packs. These are new batteries, but have been sitting in my basement for going on 5 years. I am going to try to post some pictures and a couple videos of todays maiden...

Harlock RC - 12S EDF Viper 140 Maiden Take Off (0 min 25 sec)

Harlock RC - 12S EDF Viper 140 - slow fly by to vertical (0 min 21 sec)

Harlock RC - 12S EDF Viper 140 - pull through loop from level flight at end of battery (0 min 25 sec)
Mar 25, 2018, 05:39 PM
I could not resist this color scheme!
Mar 25, 2018, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
I could not resist this color scheme!
Nice color, any idea what the bottom of it looks like?
Thanks,
Tone

Quick Reply