Feb 19, 2018, 06:52 AM
Fantasy: Here is a Confederate States Navy vessel from 1896 with a service record to 1930. Don't believe me? Read attached.

BRION BOYLES' MODEL CSS SHILOH CONFEDERATE STATES NAVY on the SAUGATUCK (1 min 35 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2018, 08:43 AM
some marine engineering journals from the late 1800's had proposed designs for ships and boats.. some very interesting ideas as tech was advancing so fast during this period.. ideas from books has always been fertile ground for models,, look at the different versions of JV's nautilus that have been built..
Feb 19, 2018, 03:02 PM
Does anyone remember the Redneck Party Barge from a couple years ago at Toledo? Picnic table with pontoons, towing an inner tube with a man in it? Also when the show was at the Sports Arena, I took a pic and still have it of a radio controlled Big Mac! If I remember right, have dig pic out to be sure, but I believe Ham-Burglar was the pilot!
Feb 19, 2018, 03:58 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by B52ECM
Does anyone remember the Redneck Party Barge from a couple years ago at Toledo? Picnic table with pontoons, towing an inner tube with a man in it? Also when the show was at the Sports Arena, I took a pic and still have it of a radio controlled Big Mac! If I remember right, have dig pic out to be sure, but I believe Ham-Burglar was the pilot!
KeithS built the party barge.
Feb 19, 2018, 04:29 PM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Here is my attempt at Sci-fi. Not as easy as you would think to come up with something fresh. This sub has a Captain America or Luft46 (look it up) theme. Submarine fighter with aviation details throughout. All cowlings, and parts were built in Alias and 3d printed. As an automotive clay modeler in a previous life, I will say that there may be a 007 Lotus in its early stages too.
Feb 19, 2018, 06:03 PM
Boats on the brain!!
One of our club members is in the process of building the U.S.S. Lexington battle Cruiser.
Feb 19, 2018, 10:09 PM
KC8WPF
Quote:
Originally Posted by B52ECM
It won 3rd Place in Pleasure Boats in 2015.
Feb 20, 2018, 12:10 PM
r/c ships and workboats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_Ryuzuki
KeithS built the party barge.
This vessel also shared the top combined prize at the NW R/C Ship Modelers Regatta for scale class and running score. Rules got changed after that for some reason........
Feb 20, 2018, 01:44 PM
Big Boats Rule!
The 'what if' category is interesting. They do it in the online gaming areas too. As in fighter aircraft that might have been used if WWll had lasted another couple of years. I was considering modifying my 1:200 Yamato battleship along the premise that it wasn't sunk in WWll, and was rebuilt for the modern Japanese navy. Similar to the modernization that the Iowa class battleships went through for their reactivation. Would be interesting to add modern radars, surface to surface missiles and such to the classic lines of the Yamato.

Dave
Feb 20, 2018, 03:29 PM
Idea of something I played around with many years ago......
Feb 20, 2018, 04:31 PM
Mmm, tugs...
Thread OP
Maybe I should revisit this one, bigger and R/C... made it when I was in middle school, and the Santa Claus movie was still new!
Feb 20, 2018, 06:28 PM
The world in foam & tissue
Last edited by Rasterize; Feb 21, 2018 at 06:23 PM.
Feb 20, 2018, 06:38 PM
boat butcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
Maybe I should revisit this one, bigger and R/C... made it when I was in middle school, and the Santa Claus movie was still new!
Do it .

Mark
Feb 20, 2018, 08:50 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
WOW,!! A lotta good candidates here,!! Think I might have a rightful place here in RCG after all,!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax

Quick Reply