Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 27, 2004, 06:39 PM
Ninja of the Nasty

NEW DS RECORD! And video to come

Kyle Paulson (sp) took his 2m extreem to 262mph today at vincent, ca.... winds were in 40-50mph range (have video that will be posted a little later tonight)

some good speeds today at vincent...great cloud cover to fly in and a steady 35-40 at the face, gusting to the high of 55mph today... just balistic to fly in... LOTS of planes broke today in midair, lots of flutter and lots of new personal bests, and a few new 150+ entries!

Bill L in a mach dart did 149mph
Bill L in a Glass Opus did 160ish (he will confirm when he gets home for sure)
BeeDee (brian) did 130ish with his glass/carbon Mini Blade
TheTick (ben) flew 146mph with his EPP JW! super fast!
Z06Kal (kal) did 161mph with his Destiny
Jason Lilly did 217-218 (2 guns on it) with a cohen DS that he later BLEW up
Jason Lilly also did 199? 198mph with his 2m carbon blade
D.S.stunner (ryan) did 198 or 199mph with his 2m carbon blade
Daniel (dont know last name) took a double glass opus to 186mph
Myself took my Mach Dart to 152mph
Also took my new carbon Opus to 183mph

SO! tons of speed, 6 planes DEAD, 2 MB's folded their wings, Daniel's opus blew up at the top of the turn, Jason Lilly fluttered and stuffed an opus about 8" into the ground where we had to DIG it out, Jason also stuffed his Cohen DS in the groud around 180mph (just a guess)... Bill L put the show of the day on with his Buzzing Mach Dart... he just kept it on the verge of flutter in the 140mph range lap after lap, touch and goes... lol.

had 2-3 guys punch out and LOOSE their plane in the overcast sky... lol... luckly they got them back... will post pictures and video's shortly... putting them together NOW..

JOe
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2004, 06:46 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
oh, some funny stuff..... Bill L looks at me and goes.... "i have nothing to fly next weekend".... i ask Why? "because the opus will flutter at 160-170 and the mach dart is a 150mph plane"

LOL! thermal boy is addicted... lol.... 170 isnt fast enough for him anymore, LOL!

JOe
Nov 27, 2004, 06:54 PM
Spoooooon!
Today was insane. I've never seen so many DS ships blow up in midair. My wizard nose blew right off the plane while ds'ing.
Nov 27, 2004, 06:55 PM
AustinTatious
again ( in the voice of Eric Cartman) .. I hate you guyz, i hate you guys so very, very much.
Nov 27, 2004, 07:08 PM
DS JUNKY
Today was an interesting phenomenon. The DS was real real busy early in the day. Everyone was itching at their shot to dive into the back. But then as the day went on it got less and less busy, and not cause the conditions were getting worse or cause the pilots were getting tired but rather the sheer layer was umm..thinning out the pack. Planes were falling left and right and I don't think any were pilot error, that is unless you consider speed greed pilot error (something everyone on the hill had plenty of today). Some crazy DS that was a site to behold. Lots of personal bests and model records along with some spectacular in air failures that showed the energy and construction of these beasts. Watching Kyle Paulson do 262mph was truely a site to behond. And let me tell you the plane was a LOT louder at 260mph then it was at 220-230mph. It litteraly sounded like a fire breathing missle going over your head. But overall was an awesome day and everyone was very nice, curteous, and had a good sense of humor about things (considering the thousands in dammage the hill took from us). What a great day!

Joe did you set the record for the Mach Dart? Is that as fast as one has gone? I'm pretty sure I set the record for the Destiny. Jason Lilly did hit a radar confirmed 200 today but we were having lots of trouble clocking it. I'm pretty sure if we had a better gun out there he would have broken the Blade record today as he made a couple of passes that looked faster then 200. Very stout plane at that speed I might add. Even breaking through a hella turbulant sheer it seemed to hold just fine.
Last edited by Z06kal; Nov 27, 2004 at 07:12 PM.
Nov 27, 2004, 07:21 PM
sewing machine thumb
Congratulations to all of you. Sounds like a really fun, expensive day. And I agree with Austin.
Nov 27, 2004, 07:27 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
ok, almost finished video, computer froze (problem saving with movie maker) so going upstairs to start over... vid will be up soon..

i think i set the mach dart record? not 100% sure.... from what i heard gary lehgerton did 148 with it...

JOe
Nov 27, 2004, 07:35 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Nice work all! Congrats to Kyle on the 262mph, that is very impressive!!!

Steve
Nov 27, 2004, 07:36 PM
Spoooooon!
Every pass that extreme made, you actually feel the plane breaking through the shear layer. I could feel my jacket vibrating as the plane passed. I think Kyle pushed that plane close to it's limits today. Get that video up JOe!
Ben
Nov 27, 2004, 09:20 PM
Having first gone to grass only to be in very thick damp clouds, Tom and I agreed to go to vincent, and glad we did as the gang there was great and we had the best time.
To all those with new personal best congradulations.
To all that blew up, stuffed, shredded or mearly mangled there planes I thank you for your sacrifice to DS god's and for my personal entertianment as witnessing such carnage at such a high rate of speed can only be truley appreciated in person, a video cant begin to capture the exhilaration, excitement, astonishment and go from the highest high to the lowest low in the blink of an eye and still be smiling!!!! AMAZING!!!
WOODY
Nov 27, 2004, 09:25 PM
Retired Slope Racer
Wow
Nov 27, 2004, 09:58 PM
The gnarliest, biggest day of ds speed and carnage I will probably ever witness. Big props to Kyle Paulson for once again stepping up the bar so high and to whomever had the courage to drop in the backside.

Ryan
Nov 27, 2004, 09:58 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
ok, about the throw computer out the window and see if it will fly....

formatting and starting fresh after this post... video wont be up till LATE tonight... this computer was screwey from day one, and now gonna fix it for good... been watching the video though... some good footage...

JOe
Nov 27, 2004, 10:16 PM
It could happen...
262!!! Freekin' amazing Joe! Congrats to Kyle.

Congrats on the 183 Joe, that's smokin' fast!!!
Nov 27, 2004, 10:38 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
i think ben with a 146mph on a piece of FOAM is super impressive!

JOe