Sep 15, 2019, 04:57 PM
Like Homer Simpson says, dough! It looks ok, just a little personality now. I always wondered what happens when the prop flys off.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2019, 05:49 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
At this point I’m relieved it all works in the end. It should have enough power to fly in a scale like manner. I don’t foresee caring about tricks just relaxed cruising and touch and goes.
Sep 16, 2019, 11:39 AM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
I think Iím ready to add some clearcoat final CG check and fly this thing
Sep 16, 2019, 01:50 PM
I have noticed that my Super Dragon is the same way, not that great for aerobatics but a nice lazy lake flyer that can do some easy loops and slow rolls.
Sep 17, 2019, 02:16 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
Upon doublechecking the CG turns out I had to shove the battery much further forward then I initially thought. That would’ve been a bad Maden had I not double checked wow luckily she has a very long nose lots of room
Last edited by walter3rd; Sep 17, 2019 at 02:29 PM.
Sep 17, 2019, 05:54 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
If the weather cooperates I am planning on a weekend maiden of the sea Lane. Standby for updates... i’ll bring my large river tubing innertube in case I need to do a water retrieval god forbid. Fingers crossed I also have a baseball hat mount for my iPhone so maybe I can capture some video. Of the success or devastation! Lol.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:54 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
Maiden in the books! 4 flights total. Tried to video 3 times. First was accidentally slow mo. Erased it. Second was aiming too high. Erased it. Third was ok but ran out of space before I could taxi all the way back. I got some pretty good close low passes though. Flew nice. Just past half throttle. 5 minute timer had batteries right at storage charge. Looking forward to getting more flights. The water flying is much closer than my regular flying field at the club. For some reason I canít upload video sorry.
Sep 20, 2019, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd
Maiden in the books! 4 flights total.
Congrats! Really nice looking Sealane. Just might inspire me in that direction.
Sep 20, 2019, 07:42 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
Thanks. So happy to have a kit built water plane in the hangar
Sep 21, 2019, 02:30 AM
Congrats, glad everything went well. Your Sealane looks great!
There’s something special about flying from water isn’t there!
Sep 21, 2019, 07:17 AM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
Absolutely! Once you have your plane trimmed out and working as expected it’s great. My esc was getting a bit warm and I would like to come up with s solution for cooling without worry of water intrusion. Ideas? ...
Sep 21, 2019, 09:44 AM
Have you tried Corrosion X?
If you treat the ESC with that you could then arrange some more airflow over it without worrying so much about splashes of water getting into it.
Sep 21, 2019, 09:49 AM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
Yes I do have corrosion X. I guess I could spray it down with that and hopes that it would not become an issue.If I have an inlet for the air to come in I know I needed exit as well. Not sure of the best placement for either of those to let air but not water in. Guess the back top close to the wings for an exit
Sep 21, 2019, 10:02 AM
Would it be worth considering moving the ESC into the motor nacelle?
That way you could have airflow around it without having to make holes in the fuselage.
Sep 21, 2019, 10:11 AM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
I might upgrade to a larger esc with heat sink as well. At least if I wait a bit between flights it seems to cool down just fine for the next flight.

Quick Reply