Mar 08, 2018, 10:18 AM
is the esky airwolf one just as nice or is this one better
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2018, 10:59 AM
this looks like a copy of the esky 150 xp .for a few more dollars parts for this one should be easier to find .
Mar 08, 2018, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
the whole "thing" with the msr-x was
when you get flying forward and let go the stick the msr-x continues to go forward and will hit the wall or whatever is in its path until you "manually "correct it .

a flybar heli will stop in its tracks and hover when you stop giving forward input .does this new 70-s do that?
The 70s and Esky 150x has a mode for both and can switch between. A flybar heli flies like a heli with 6G, and the mode you describe where 'it continues' is 3 axis Gyro. This mode is deliberately like this, as it allows for more intricate flying, aerobatics, and is generally more relevant in CP helicopters.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NELICOPTER View Post
The 70s and Esky 150x has a mode for both and can switch between. A flybar heli flies like a heli with 6G, and the mode you describe where 'it continues' is 3 axis Gyro. This mode is deliberately like this, as it allows for more intricate flying, aerobatics, and is generally more relevant in CP helicopters.
so it has switchable modes ? 3 axis and 6 axis? do you have a esky?
Mar 08, 2018, 10:39 PM
Quote:
so it has switchable modes ? 3 axis and 6 axis? do you have a esky?
No, I don't personally but I have followed the forums and threads about the heli.
On the 150X there is a mode and rate button to change modes.
https://www.banggood.com/ESKY-150X-2...r_warehouse=CN
Mar 08, 2018, 10:53 PM
thanks ,i asked horizon my question and just waiting on their answer .
Mar 11, 2018, 07:08 PM
Quote:
the whole "thing" with the msr-x was
when you get flying forward and let go the stick the msr-x continues to go forward and will hit the wall or whatever is in its path until you "manually "correct it .

a flybar heli will stop in its tracks and hover when you stop giving forward input .does this new 70-s do that?
Quote:
-Actually, these days, this is a common misconception. A heli with a 45 degree flybar (or offset head) will behave like a coax heli; it will stop and hover when the cyclic is released. However, a heli with a 90 degree flybar will not self level, and takes a good deal of practice to learn how to hover, let alone fly a heli with a 90 degree flybar (like the heli in my avatar pic)...
Mar 12, 2018, 12:02 AM
Thanks Elan, you are right. Not many 90 degree flybar helis left around now though, flybarless has killed them all. The Esky can function as a 45 and 90 degree flybar helicopter with it's mode switch. The Esky has a programmable CC3D.
No, I don't work for them.
Mar 12, 2018, 11:48 AM
so this or esky150x? does the esky with cc3d have any advantage over this one?
Mar 12, 2018, 03:57 PM
The Blade is probably exactly the same heli with a different canopy.
The benefit of the Esky is that it probably is between 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper.
Up to you.
Mar 12, 2018, 04:28 PM
Quote:
The Blade is probably exactly the same heli with a different canopy.
The benefit of the Esky is that it probably is between 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper.
Up to you.
not much cheaper really ,like 10 bucks tops .
Mar 12, 2018, 06:05 PM
I was going to pick up a 70s, but I can't get over the fact that I can't use
my regular Spektrum TX to fly it.

Although, something like this would be primarily for friends and observers,
so maybe it's a good thing that I'm not handing over my expensive TX.

Or I could just hand them a V911 (I think I have 6 or 7).
Mar 12, 2018, 06:31 PM
Get a Devo 10, deviate it, install a module, and then you can fly the Esky, DSMX, DSM2, futaba, frsky, flysky, and 30 other protocols.
Mar 12, 2018, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Get a Devo 10, deviate it, install a module, and then you can fly the Esky, DSMX, DSM2, futaba, frsky, flysky, and 30 other protocols.
It would be nice to have a "fly anything" TX.

There are a few models I have that would otherwise need a total conversion if I wanted to
get them flying again since I can't find the TX's.
Mar 13, 2018, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Thanks Elan, you are right. Not many 90 degree flybar helis left around now though, flybarless has killed them all. The Esky can function as a 45 and 90 degree flybar helicopter with it's mode switch. The Esky has a programmable CC3D.
No, I don't work for them.
-Yup, fbl has put a hurting on flybar helis but there's a lot of us around still flying them. I learned to fly on Esky helis.They made it affordable enough for me to get into heli flying. I learned to fly on them in this order: LamaV2, CP2, KingV2, and Belt CP :-)

Quick Reply