Feb 15, 2018, 09:57 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
Thread OP
Discussion

Blade® 70 S RTF ultra-micro heli for beginner pilots

Blade® 70 S RTF ultra-micro heli for beginner pilots!

https://www.horizonhobby.com/blade-70-s-rtf-blh4200

The Blade® 70 S is the perfect indoor ultra-micro heli for beginner pilots looking to hone their skills. Right out of the box, pilots are presented with a complete heli package and the ability to take their skills to the next level. Equipped with SAFE Technology, the fixed-pitch flybarless design offers unmatched stability. The direct-drive tail motor and carbon fiber tail boom keeps the heli firmly locked-in while the 1S 150mAh battery and brushed motors provide power and throttle response for an impressive control feel. The low part count makes repairs quick and simple. Plus, all the electronics are contained by an extremely durable composite plastic frame, making bumps and crashes stress-free. Bring RC heli fun indoors with the tough and easy-to-fly 70 S!

What's in the box?

(1) Blade 70 S RTF Helicopter
(1) 2.4GHz Transmitter
(1) 1S 150 mAhBattery
(1) USB Charger
(1) User Manual

Blade 70 S RTF (1 min 36 sec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=CO65QMTJIk0
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2018, 09:58 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
Thread OP
Feb 15, 2018, 01:13 PM
Heligamist
A nice cheap start for someone wanting to try helis. It appears quite durable with everything enclosed. I'm sure they will sell a lot of them.
It may even bind to the K110 radio which has a few more features.
Last edited by BrokeDad; Feb 15, 2018 at 05:40 PM.
Feb 15, 2018, 05:26 PM
FHSS means you can fly it with a Taranis with multiprotocol module, for example, that might be interesting
Feb 15, 2018, 06:40 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
looks like a rebadged esky 150. great little heli. Way better flier and miles tougher than blades other micros

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...aftermarket-TX
Feb 15, 2018, 10:35 PM
were did you guys pick up it FHSS ? on the video (at work so no volume........ )
Feb 16, 2018, 05:35 AM
On the German Horizon Hobby website

https://www.horizonhobby.de/BLADE-70...LH4200&p=43559

Fernsteuerung (Remote): Blade 4-Channel FHSS
Empfänger (Receiver): FHSS
Feb 16, 2018, 06:27 AM
kind of a pity they didn't go DSMX and then you could go up spec on to a spectrum radio.
The esky XP version allows you to use any RX unit you want - i have a micro DSMX unit on mine. interesting that the esky standard unit is FHSS then and blade went with a rejigged esky TX unit - guess it was the lowest cost option, pretty decent price IMO.

Once parts are out and the price settles I'm gonna score a yellow blade canopy for mine. Blade owner can also go for the red esky canopy as well !
Feb 16, 2018, 08:06 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
looks like a rebadged esky 150. great little heli. Way better flier and miles tougher than blades other micros

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...aftermarket-TX
That's exactly what it is. The transmitter is an Esky one too which no doubt explains why it's not using Spectrum compatible DSMX protocol.

FWIW.. FHSS is a generic term meaning 'Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum. Pretty much all current 2.4GHz radios use FHSS principal, including Spektrum DSMX, Futaba, FrSky, JR, Groupner, Jeti etc etc..

Just because it says 'FHSS' does not necessarily mean it will be compatible with other FHSS systems.
Feb 16, 2018, 09:13 AM
Heligamist
Very good point JPF - It doesn't say S-FHSS so it might not be Futaba based.
Feb 16, 2018, 02:33 PM
if it's the generic esky deal then there is a deviation model for it.
Feb 17, 2018, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
if it's the generic esky deal then there is a deviation model for it.
Ah that's right!
Mar 07, 2018, 05:59 PM
i wonder if this is any different then the msr-x? i had one of those and honestly the flybar version was easier to fly .
Last edited by helizrnew2me; Mar 07, 2018 at 06:09 PM.
Mar 07, 2018, 10:55 PM
Miles easier and way nicer to fly than the MSRx
Mar 08, 2018, 08:23 AM
the whole "thing" with the msr-x was
when you get flying forward and let go the stick the msr-x continues to go forward and will hit the wall or whatever is in its path until you "manually "correct it .

a flybar heli will stop in its tracks and hover when you stop giving forward input .does this new 70-s do that?
Last edited by helizrnew2me; Mar 08, 2018 at 08:29 AM.

Quick Reply