Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 15, 2018, 08:26 AM
Discussion

Differential thrust in rc

Hi everyone, according to the Grumman G44 desing (without water rudder) for guide the lateral displacement on water do i have to use difetential thrust? And if its, how do you do the offset with servos rc receiver and the control with the emmiter? The model will be glow powered
Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2018, 08:37 AM
What radio system are you using?
Feb 15, 2018, 06:11 PM
TURNIGY i10 - 2.4Ghz - 10Ch. c/ 2 Rx y Telemetry
Feb 15, 2018, 11:43 PM
If it flies - I want one!
Antonio,
It's a while since I played with an i10, but you should be able to program what you want.
Plug one motor into Throttle, the other into a spare channel (perhaps Gear?)
The basic idea is to use three mixes:
One to mix Throttle to a spare channel for the other motor. This mix ON all the time.
Another to mix Rudder to Throttle channel, direction to give the correct turn direction, depending which channel is right motor and which left.
And the third to mix Rudder to Gear (or your chosen channel for second motor), direction opposite to the other motor.
For both mixes on an internal combustion engine, best to have the mixes increase power only so you don't inadvertently shut down an engine. Also probably best to have them both on the same switch so they can be turned off in flight.
You may get more specific advice on the TGY i10 thread - I am sure there is one on this forum.
Cheers, and good flying,
Pete
Feb 17, 2018, 10:43 PM
TigreJohn
Jack Albrecht, the Airtronics guru, developed a throttle differential programming procedure for their SD-10G which works for fuel or electric. It does not use any pre-programmed mixes so it should be translatable to an Open Source Tx. Would you like a copy?

Quick Reply