Tamiya F104 Pro II Formula One F1 Kit

F1 racing has seen a comeback in the ROAR class, and this F104 Pro is just the ticket to affordable competition.

Tamiya F104 Pro II Formula One F1 Kit

An Affordable Mix of Carbon Fiber and FRP.

This original Formula One kit is an evolution of the F104 Pro chassis first introduced in 2009. The Pro II has received refinements to enhance your R/C formula racing fun. The Pro II pairs the light and streamlined direct drive F104 chassis with a new lower deck, and upgrade parts, giving a sharp and responsive driving feel. Furthermore, it includes an all-new original body design based on the 2017 F1 car bodywork and wing dimensions. The Tamiya 1/10 F104 Pro II Formula One F1 Kit retails for $182.99.

CLICK HERE for more information.

Specs and Features:

• Chassis: PRO specification 0.12" (3.2mm) thick carbon fiber, 0.079" (2mm) thick carbon fiber upper deck, new lower deck, inline battery position.
  • Drive: Two wheel direct with carbon drive shaft.
  • Motor: 540 type.
  • Differential: Ball type with aluminum housing.
  • Ball Bearings: Full set.
  • Body: Clear untrimmed polycarbonate with separate rear wing, new design based on the 2017 F1 car bodywork and wing dimensions
  • Steering: Isometric steering rods links with longitudinally mounted steering servo position.
  • Front Suspension: Independent coil spring, camber can be adjusted by changing upper mount attachment direction.
  • Rear Suspension: T-bar with carbon friction plate and TRF oil-filled shock.
  • Tires: Semi-pneumatic synthetic rubber.
  • Caster: Adjustable, caster/toe-in refers to the angle of the front suspension when viewed from the side of the car in relation to the chassis.
  • Camber: Non-adjustable.

Feb 18, 2018, 03:56 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
The scale model is really cool...top notch!!!!

but when you drive this in the real world (not smooth un prepared ground)
it slides all over the place because its 2wd.

I'd only buy the 4wd version.
hehehehehehe
Feb 24, 2018, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
The scale model is really cool...top notch!!!!

but when you drive this in the real world (not smooth un prepared ground)
it slides all over the place because its 2wd.

I'd only buy the 4wd version.
hehehehehehe
These cars do not make great bashers. They are designed for a race track like the real ones.
Feb 25, 2018, 11:30 AM
Low budget fun
One does not simply run a F1 RC on driveway.
But honestly some track isn't that very well built or maintained.

I'd love to have one too but I'll get it once I go home. Then I'll have a world class track within 45 minutes drive. That's considered very near in Bangkok's standard.
Mar 13, 2018, 07:40 PM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
New T-Bar, front end and Wings... I dunno.. Guess I'll just wait for the hop ups to upgrade my old F104 Pro instead.

Quick Reply