Pagoda 2 Antenna - RP-SMA now available. - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by supernoodle2014, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 13, 2018, 03:46 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Unregistered User
$6.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Pagoda 2 Antenna - RP-SMA now available.

Yup, that's right, RP-Sma is here and available for sale.

The Pagoda 2 antenna is a great antenna at a great price. Designed by Maarten Baert this antenna design has a near perfect axial ratio and is more durable then cloverleaf antennas. Now made better with foam placed between PCBs to increase durability. The price of these antennas allows you have have extra of each polarization to keep you in the air without breaking the bank or even hurting your wallet. At a third of the price of a Axii or triumph you can know outfit your quads with great antennas and fly more easily knowing that you won't break a 20 dollar antenna in a light crash. Don't forget to get some LHCP too, which makes it easier to get good video even when there's a lot of people flying. In actual performance their isn't any difference, but when everyone takes the high road the low road is much less crowded. With the high road signifying RHCP. Ideally when several pilots take to the air its best to have alternating polarization with adequate frequency spacing, about 20 to 30 mhz.

I have them in sizes 30 thru 80 mm, in both polarizations. Now in both SMA and RP-SMA. I also have SMA right angle connectors so no more dealing with 90 degree adapters that introduce loss to your system.

Cost is $6 a antenna plus $4 shipping in the CONUS. Paypal only. Pm or comment if interested.

Thanks for looking.
Last edited by supernoodle2014; Feb 13, 2018 at 03:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2018, 08:23 PM
Trader Rating: 116
These are great antennas and you canít beat the price!
Feb 13, 2018, 08:44 PM
Trader Rating: 21
These look great. I'm trying to extend my FPV range...would these help?

What are the different sizes for? I have a bugs 3 quad with a FPV set up, so which size would be best??

And I guess for the goggles the longer the better?

Also the ones at a 90 degree angle...can they bend at all to be moved up out of the props?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks

Panhead
Latest blog entry: Live chat room
Feb 13, 2018, 09:10 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Unregistered User
I don't know if these would extend your range, becuase these are meant to spread the signal in a rather uniform way so there isn't as much of a dead spot at the top and the bottom. I would try a patch antenna if you haven't already.

The different sizes are for different quads. I have a zmr frame where the antenna sticks off the top. I use a 80 mm antenna so the active part is over the battery so hopefully I get better reception when flying toward myself. If you have one where the top is pretty clear it might be best to have a 30 mm antenna so their isn't as much drag, it also makes it more compact and in theory puts less stress on the antenna in the event of a crash. I am making a chameleon quad right now and it looks like the 50mm version would get the antenna away from the body while still being short enough that it won't find its way into the props as easily. It's really up to you.

For the goggles it would probebly be best to go with a 80 mm so you can get the antenna as high up as possible, this should reduce the deadband behind your head.

All the antennas are semi rigid, so you can bend them some and they shouldn't break as easy. The 90 degree sma just makes it so that the antenna is stuck to a right angle without having to bend it. This is best for goggles where you want the antenna going straight up without have to bend it or use a right angle adapter.

I have no problem with qeustions, so ask away.

Quick Reply