Sep 25, 2018, 09:34 PM
Mine had the white underside. I got it several years ago. The gear doors work (so far).
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2018, 08:39 AM
Supersonic Engineering
OK, thanks!
Dec 06, 2018, 04:43 PM
Has anyone received one this month? or got notice of shipment? Tower has just moved the BO to Mar 2019.
Dec 06, 2018, 07:06 PM
Mine will arrive tomorrow in NY after waiting 4 months! I'm planning on installing a RCGF 30cc twin and modify the cowl if needed. Anyone know of a good electric retract replacement for this plane?
Dec 07, 2018, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC_N90
Mine will arrive tomorrow in NY after waiting 4 months! I'm planning on installing a RCGF 30cc twin and modify the cowl if needed. Anyone know of a good electric retract replacement for this plane?
Thanks! I did not make the cut, 3 more months for me. Please report back with your impressions.
Dec 07, 2018, 06:04 PM
Bayrc.
Package arrived this afternoon with no visible damage to packaging. Unpacked and all the parts are in very good condition and excellent covering job to boot. To my pleasant surprise, RCGF 30cc twin fits in the cowl but both spark plug caps touch the cowl lightly. Depending on the vibration of the engine, I may have to drill two holes on either side to expose tips of plug cap. No biggie. Just like my previous Phoenix Models, this one is solidly built and looking forward to build and to fly!
Dec 12, 2018, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Bayrc.
Package arrived this afternoon with no visible damage to packaging. Unpacked and all the parts are in very good condition and excellent covering job to boot. To my pleasant surprise, RCGF 30cc twin fits in the cowl but both spark plug caps touch the cowl lightly. Depending on the vibration of the engine, I may have to drill two holes on either side to expose tips of plug cap. No biggie. Just like my previous Phoenix Models, this one is solidly built and looking forward to build and to fly!
That is all good news. Thanks for the feedback. I hope I will get mine in March.
Dec 19, 2018, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayrc
That is all good news. Thanks for the feedback. I hope I will get mine in March.
Bayrc, when did you order yours? I ordered mine in early November and was hoping to get it for the Holidays but i'm in the same boat as you. I choose the OS 120 AX as my powerplant. Can't wait to see how that combination will pan out.
Dec 19, 2018, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWSPT
Bayrc, when did you order yours? I ordered mine in early November and was hoping to get it for the Holidays but i'm in the same boat as you. I choose the OS 120 AX as my powerplant. Can't wait to see how that combination will pan out.
It was mid Nov. I don't believe Tower brought in that many. I bought a DLE 20RE for mine. DLE has really impressed me with their continual improvements. I have 8, 20cc to 100c, ranging from the early DL50 to now. The 20RE is a polished product. The muffler is well built and not an after thought. I almost bought another 20RE with Tower's generous coupons.
Dec 19, 2018, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Bayrc.
Does your version of the RCGF 30T have the CM6 spark plugs or the 1/4 x 32 plugs?
Dec 20, 2018, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Bayrc.
How do the retracts look in terms of sturdiness? I've ordered a Robart adjustable air valve to make them operate in a scale fashion and i'm wondering if the construction is solid or replacements would be in order. Any issues with dented or cracked wood under the covering? The Phoenix Spitfire i have needed a few glue insertions to address some cracks in the sheeting.
Dec 20, 2018, 06:32 PM
FWSPT, I had trouble with the stock gear. Ha d to use 125 ft lbs of air and slow down the "gear speed" to get then to extend. The aluminum of the gear is very soft and after a number of landings and take off it wouldn't work any more. Others have reported better results.
Dec 20, 2018, 08:01 PM
I have not had any problems with the gear myself and I've landed hard enough to shatter the plastic hub area of a Hangar 9 copy of a robart diamond tread wheel/tire. I replaced the tires with aluminum hub ESM.
The stock gear DOES deploy fast, so I put a robart air line restrictor in place, but if you put the front gear doors on ...you may need the quick deploy to compensate for wind resistance while flying.
Dec 20, 2018, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayrc
It was mid Nov. I don't believe Tower brought in that many. I bought a DLE 20RE for mine. DLE has really impressed me with their continual improvements. I have 8, 20cc to 100c, ranging from the early DL50 to now. The 20RE is a polished product. The muffler is well built and not an after thought. I almost bought another 20RE with Tower's generous coupons.
The DLE20 was my second choice, its a matter of preference in my case, nitro is definitely more messy and prone to in flight deadsticks but my planes are kept inside the house and no matter what i try the gasoline smell still spreads. I got around the deadstick issue by installing a Sullivan on-board glow driver in my other planes, somewhat expensive but great product. The Corsair will have one also, there is ample room in there from what i can see in the pics.
Dec 21, 2018, 01:50 AM
I did some research and dimension comparisons from the drawings and manual and it looks like the Robart 810RS retracts would be drop in replacement for the stock gear should one have issues with them. Thanks for the feedback Night Pilot & Katniss.
Last edited by FWSPT; Dec 21, 2018 at 02:30 AM.

Quick Reply