Flex Innovations - FlexJet Super PNP

The new FlexJet from Flex Innovations offers up extreme performance with premium components, all in a PNP package under $530.

Flex Innovations - FlexJet Super PNP.

A Clipped Delta-Wing 90mm EDF

The all new FlexJet from Flex Innovations combines the design prowess of Dave Ribbe and Quique Somenzini into a 90mm EDF jet with a 41.6" wingspan and 55.1" overall length. The FlexJet sports a number of innovative features including a Potenza Aura flight stabilization system, Potenza digital servos with metal clevises, beautifully machined training-link strut retracts that are perfect for grass strips, and a modern aerodynamic fuselage just to name a few.

The FlexJet is designed around a 4000 to 5200mAh 6s Lipo flight pack, which yields flight times around 4-6 minutes. Two color schemes are available: a white and blue scheme, or a USAF military trainer scheme.

CLICK HERE for more information on the new FlexJet from Flex Innovations.

Full List of What's Included:

• Pre-Programmed Aura 8 AFCS with Firmware v1.6 (installed)
  • Expertly Engineered Ducting and Inlet Lips for Power and Efficiency
  • Modern Aerodynamics for High Performance and Easy Handling
  • Electric Retracts with Door Sequencer (installed)
  • Metal Trailing-Link Struts with Rubber Downstops (installed)
  • Metal Clevis Connections on all Flight Control Surfaces
  • EPO Construction with Carbon Fiber Spars and Joiner Tubes
  • Ball Bearing Supported and Balanced All-Moving Stabilators
  • Large Battery Compartment from top with single Latch for easy Access
  • 11 Blade 90mm Ducted-Fan for Amazing Performance and Sound (installed)
  • Potenza 60BLDF 1450kv Motor for excellent Power and Efficiency (installed)
  • Hobby Wing 80A ESC with external BEC 8A at 5V (installed)
  • (5) Potenza DS15 Digital Metal Gear Flight Control Servos (installed)
  • (4) Potenza DS12 Digital Servos for Doors and Nosewheel Steering (installed)
  • 4 to 6 minute flight times depending on battery choice and throttle management
  • Wide choice of batteries 4000 to 5200 mAh (6S)
  • Custom Trim Scheme and Decals Applied

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Feb 13, 2018 at 09:25 AM..
Feb 13, 2018, 10:04 AM
RCGroups Editor
Thanks Robert. This is a news article which differs from the regular forum post. It appears on the homepage and in the channel pages.
Feb 13, 2018, 08:06 PM
Great flying by Seth. It is just way too much money and to be forced to have their stabilization.It does fly nice and lite but just not my budget .
Feb 14, 2018, 03:41 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflchurch
Great flying by Seth. It is just way too much money and to be forced to have their stabilization.It does fly nice and lite but just not my budget .
This is super next level speaking of how an EDF flies. I agree with you wanting an ARF+ with only servos installed, but I also understand the crew selling things that work out of the box. We will se what the future has to bring in that front. Atleast you don't have to use their Tx system as if you go with Eflite....

counting money and making budgets really fall out of the equation when it flies like nothing other by factor 3. What shall you do?
Feb 14, 2018, 05:17 AM
2018 EDF Jet Jam June 14-17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflchurch
Before you dismiss using the Aura 8, you should see how the model flys and feels. They spent a lot of time on the std and expert setup. There are built in mixes, read the manual. The A8 is amazing in how it will make a small model fly “BIG”. They have done all the the setup, you simply follow their Tx setup instructions in the manual, and your set to go.
Last edited by Robert Belluomini; Feb 14, 2018 at 07:53 AM.
Feb 14, 2018, 01:55 PM
It's expensive, but it seems to land very slow.

That's why, I'm really considering it.

Is it really suitable for EDF beginners?
Feb 14, 2018, 08:27 PM
This jet looks like a T/F-50 Golden Eagle.
Feb 14, 2018, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloBau
It's expensive, but it seems to land very slow.

That's why, I'm really considering it.

Is it really suitable for EDF beginners?
The FlexJet has reasonable wing loading, and very good aerodynamics.
The Aura also makes it fly big and lowers the pilot workload (even more so in the wind).

This combined with great power loading and runway performance both on takeoff and landing would make it a great first jet for a competent sport pilot IMO.

David
Feb 15, 2018, 02:02 PM
Looks pretty good!
Feb 15, 2018, 07:26 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Chances are the answer is no, but it’s worth asking. So, any plan to offer it as a Kit Plus where the power system is emitted, but has all the rest of the electronics? I just have too many power systems sitting around to buy a PNP with a power system I don’t plan to use.
Feb 15, 2018, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-cat
chances are the answer is no, but itís worth asking. So, any plan to offer it as a kit plus where the power system is emitted, but has all the rest of the electronics? I just have too many power systems sitting around to buy a pnp with a power system i donít plan to use.
+1..
Feb 16, 2018, 03:07 AM
2018 EDF Jet Jam June 14-17
In the othe thread, David said that if enough people committed with a deposit that an ARF+ could be doable.
Feb 16, 2018, 03:32 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
In the othe thread, David said that if enough people committed with a deposit that an ARF+ could be doable.
Wiho! I'm in.
Feb 16, 2018, 03:50 AM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DF2
This jet looks like a T/F-50 Golden Eagle.
Mine is still flying. Has a Habu EDF. The stock one was horrid. The power canopy and trick gear are really cool. Speaking of cool...its made of cooler foam lol.

Quick Reply