Feb 13, 2018, 01:42 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Fokker Dr.I 1500mm Laser Cut Balsa Model Kit

The Fokker Dr.I was a World War I fighter aircraft built by Fokker-Flugzeugwerke. The Dr.I saw widespread service in the spring of 1918. It became famous as the aircraft in which the Red Baron, Manfred von Richthofen gained his last 19 victories, and in which he was killed on 21 April 1918.

In February 1917, the Sopwith Triplane began to appear over the Western Front. Despite its single Vickers machine gun armament, the Sopwith swiftly proved itself superior to the more heavily armed German Albatros fighters then in use by the Luftstreitkrfte. In April 1917, Anthony Fokker viewed a captured Sopwith Triplane while visiting Jasta 11. And following several rejected versions of its predecessor the Dr.I was born and was found to be much faster, more nimble and highly maneuverable
On 14 July 1917, Idflieg issued an order for 20 pre-production aircraft.

Our model captures the very essence of this formidable WW1 fighter, it has an open framework structure built from balsa and hardwoods and has a plastic cowl with molded dummy rotary engine. For ease of construction, all the parts are beautifully laser cut and are extremely accurate which will allow you to build the perfect model.

As we know, DWHobby has sold 770mm Fokker DRI for one year like below:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...3b7a3d56SrnQHC

It's very popular in dwhobby balsa kit series products.

Now they develop new 1500mm Fokker DRI with more exquisite wooden box, hope everyone like it.

Specification:
Wingspan:1540mm
Length:1305mm
Flying weight:3300-3800g

Electric power:3520 500-800KV
ESC:60A 3-6S
Battery:3-6S 3300-6000mAh

Gas engine class:15cc/2c60/4c82
Propeller:13-16 inch
Radio:>4ch

Welcome any idea about our products, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
My email:[email protected]
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2018, 10:44 AM
Does it so ugly and out of scale as his little bro? I'm about tail surfaces, wheels dimension, wings struts, freefantasy motor simulation and balsa sheet quality. Did you simply enlaged two times a little Quasimodo?
Last edited by Romushok; Apr 03, 2018 at 01:03 PM.
Jul 11, 2018, 10:06 PM
I have been looking at this kit. Not a bad looking 60size plane. I've never built a balsa kit before and thinking this one could be a great one to get started with.!
Jul 11, 2018, 10:13 PM
This is really cool, but I am not sure it would be a good first time kit as you need to build 3 wings and line everything up and it is a big plane. Looks great though and I am so glad new kits are coming out, I love building!
Jul 13, 2018, 01:33 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Subscribed very cool
Jul 18, 2018, 02:25 PM
Ordered one Monday night .... banggood says it was shipped yesterday.
Jul 18, 2018, 05:09 PM
Nice, do a build thread with pics, Im curius how this one goes together.
Jul 19, 2018, 03:02 AM
ltb
ltb

Wing alingment

Katniss, be careful with wing alignment!
The upper wing connection base is just 1/3 of the chord!
Easy mistake in degrees during assembly!
I prefer to prepare other 2 airfoils with bigger base.
Take care! Wish you luck!
Jul 19, 2018, 03:23 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
ITB
Do you know if the kit comes with an alignment former to set the incidence during the assembly ?
I have assembled some other double wingers in the past and they either include a corrugated jig or wood version it help with the allaigment
Jul 19, 2018, 03:57 AM
ltb
ltb

Wing aligment

Ldm, I don't know, but I can guess it will be miss!
Jul 25, 2018, 07:06 AM
The box arrived yesterday. Just so ppl understand, o bought it because the price was right and will stash it in the basement until I get around to it.
I'm hoping there's others out there that have bought it.
If people are waiting for me to do a build thread, well, that's not likely to happen for awhile .

Any tips and such are of course welcome.
Oct 10, 2018, 03:40 PM
I just received mine. Nice looking kit... I'll probably get started on it this weekend. It's been about 10 years since I've done a proper balsa build. Should I post in this thread, or start a new one?
Oct 10, 2018, 06:35 PM
N = R* fp ne fl fi f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romushok
Does it so ugly and out of scale as his little bro? I'm about tail surfaces, wheels dimension, wings struts, freefantasy motor simulation and balsa sheet quality. Did you simply enlaged two times a little Quasimodo?
Yep. looks like you hit the nail on the head cleanly. It's a slightly bigger, much heavier and still COMPLETELY wrong shape all over........I guess this was the DR1 with the Merlin on it's nose.....that is the ONLY possible solution for it being about 5 inches TOO LONG ahead of the primary wing strut. With the cabane mounts forcing the wings so far back , this should fly nicely........straight up, over then down with a bang and a re-kit.

Nice waste of money on an old fruit box to put it in after the maiden though. Should fit in most household waste bins in one piece after high velocity disassembly has taken place. Wipe up the stain, rest the bits in the box provided and dump in bin......
Oct 10, 2018, 07:11 PM
The nose is definitely long, but overall it doesn't look too bad. The kit is very nicely put together. I found a build series on youtube where the builder highlights some of the shortcomings and modifications he made.

Here is a link to his flight video:
DW Hobby Fokker DR1 build Pt34 RC Model Geeks (15 min 52 sec)
Last edited by 68Strat; Oct 10, 2018 at 08:15 PM.
Oct 10, 2018, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoic
Yep. looks like you hit the nail on the head cleanly. It's a slightly bigger, much heavier and still COMPLETELY wrong shape all over........I guess this was the DR1 with the Merlin on it's nose.....that is the ONLY possible solution for it being about 5 inches TOO LONG ahead of the primary wing strut. With the cabane mounts forcing the wings so far back , this should fly nicely........straight up, over then down with a bang and a re-kit.

Nice waste of money on an old fruit box to put it in after the maiden though. Should fit in most household waste bins in one piece after high velocity disassembly has taken place. Wipe up the stain, rest the bits in the box provided and dump in bin......
Nice snob attitude.
As much as I am about scale outlines for warbirds, I AM NOT going to act like a total tard muffin ranting about a kit you'll never purchase like you just did.

This kit isn't 100% scale, nor is it pretending to be a Proctor kit or museum replica. It is however, a relatively decent kit. It has short comings obviously, but its in a price range that MIGHT enticed someone to try building a kit while not throwing a heap of money at it. You know...the more people that learn to build kits, the better, right??

So step off your high horse.

Quick Reply