Soling 1 meter rudder, hatch cover - RC Groups
Feb 12, 2018, 07:35 PM
"Ich Bin Genial"
Discussion

Soling 1 meter rudder, hatch cover

Hello everybody,

I'm restoring an old soling and I have not been able to find any used soling rudders and hatch covers for sale, so I figured with the increased popularity in 3d printing I'm wondering if anybody has tried making a soling 1 meter hatch and rudder? and if so please let me know.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2018, 07:43 PM
Check the soling yahoo group site, there’s someone that makes them. Think he’s asking $17 + $3 shipping,
His name is Robert Pacini & email is rfpcpo78@yahoo.com
Last edited by skipper67; Feb 12, 2018 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Added contact info
Feb 13, 2018, 05:39 AM
plus you can always contact victor and order the parts you need. it might take a while. but they do deliver. being you are in florida, there is a crap ton of solings down there. villages, punta gorda, sarasota all have big fleets. I know that they are on the west coast...

per the soling rules, you can build a replacement rudder that is the same shape as the factory and still be a legal boat.

I'll check my stash of parts and see if I have a spare rudder. I doubt it but I'll check
Feb 13, 2018, 01:45 PM
I have a used rudder and deck you can have. No hatch cover though.

Rich
Feb 14, 2018, 04:22 PM
"Ich Bin Genial"
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper67
Check the soling yahoo group site, there’s someone that makes them. Think he’s asking $17 + $3 shipping,
His name is Robert Pacini & email is rfpcpo78@yahoo.com
Thanks! rsgault said he had a rudder for me, but could you please give me a link to the yahoo group perhaps someone there has an extra hatch cover.
Feb 15, 2018, 07:55 AM
Groups.yahoo.com, youíll see thatís where the man is selling the hatch covers....
Feb 15, 2018, 08:24 PM
"The Man" ... Groups.Yahoo.com ... that is rather vague ??
Feb 17, 2018, 07:38 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=soling+yahoo+group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ter/info?tab=s

not sure if you can browse through the messages or not. But to post you need to register.
Feb 28, 2018, 08:18 PM
Lost my Soling 1 meter rudder today anyone have a spare one around ???
Mar 01, 2018, 11:26 AM
"Ich Bin Genial"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick J
Lost my Soling 1 meter rudder today anyone have a spare one around ???
Hello,

sorry to hear that I don't have another rudder, skipper67 pointed out above that Robert Pacini makes them. Think heís asking $17 + $3 shipping,
His email is rfpcpo78@yahoo.com, also as a note if you building another "kit rudder" I suggest you build it as follows,

clamp rudder halves together making sure all the corners are fairly well closed tape if needed,
put a few drops of testors plastic model cement, this stuff melts the seams together as well as glues it, give 15 minutes to dry
drill small hole at the top of the rudder tube big enough so that you can fit an "rc car hitch pin" inside the rudder thus preventing it from falling out, Epoxy in brass tube do not fill the rudder you just want install the tube, allow to dry overnight
crumple up some Styrofoam I use the foam that looks like this, stuff rudder with 2/3 the way up with foam and finish with Epoxy,
if needed Bondo the edges, finish and paint
Mar 01, 2018, 11:54 AM
Thanks already ordered another, Borrowing one from a friend until it gets here need to race this weekend he he

Quick Reply