Feb 12, 2018, 11:34 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

how to build a custom RC

I am building a micro drone using a Tiny Pepper flight control board with a built in FrSky receiver. I am currently using a Taranis X9D transmitter, but I would like to build a custom one.

I can take the servos out of many different controllers, and read them with a micro-controller (Arduino Nano??), and use a FrSky transmitter module to send signals to the quad. However, I can't find any information on how to interface with a FrSky transmitter module.

FrSky trasmitter module:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/frsky-xj...ck-for-jr-w-te...

Could any one give me some information on how to do this? Does anyone know of any sites that explain how to interface with a transmitter module.

Thank You
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2018, 12:28 PM
Thumper King
Most diy TXs are based off custom Arduino mega boards and run off opentx. Don't think anyone has bothered to fiddle with modifying stock frsky firmware other than using opentx on them

Quick Reply