Thread OP
Discussion

traxxas slash 4x4 stampede 4x4 or twin hammers

i am thinking of buying a roller which of these wold be the best? thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2018, 09:26 PM
What is your usual terrain?

Budget??

The stampede and slash are very similar, so it depends on what terrain (grass, dirt, pavement, etc) you tend to drive on the most
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Feb 11, 2018, 11:22 PM
Thread OP
i plan on driving it on dirt and grass no pavement. i was also considering the ecx torment
Feb 12, 2018, 07:55 AM
Have you seen my LVC?
For 4wd, the Slash / Pede is better than the Torment / Ruckus. For 2wd, I prefer the ECX.
Feb 12, 2018, 08:51 AM
Did I make the A Main?
+1 for ECX, far more durable than Traxxas!
Feb 12, 2018, 08:53 AM

traxxas slash 4x4 stampede 4x4 or twin hammers

Great thing is that if you buy ECX, you can upgrade it with stock Traxxas parts
Feb 12, 2018, 09:54 AM
For dirt and grass I say the Stampede, for several reasons:

-The higher ground clearance will make it easier to get through grass, and bigger tires can be run without modification (like a Slash would need)

-You say no pavement, so no issues with traction rolling

Also, keep in mind a roller can get somewhat pricey.

After the roller price, say $50 for electronics, $30 for wheels/tires, $35-50 for a body (depending on what one), then the radio, servo, battery, etc.

You might could get some of that cheaper of course, those were rough guesses.

Before you buy a roller try to go on eBay or somewhere similar and add all the stuff you'll need and would actually buy to your cart and see how much it is going to be!

Edit** One other option would be to get a Slash and get monster truck wheels, since the longer chassis will help stability. My slash is very durable, and parts are cheap and easy to find, with nearly unlimited upgrades.

Remember too it it's cold outside, anything will break that normally wouldn't!
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Feb 13, 2018, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
For dirt and grass I say the Stampede, for several reasons:

-The higher ground clearance will make it easier to get through grass, and bigger tires can be run without modification (like a Slash would need)

-You say no pavement, so no issues with traction rolling

Also, keep in mind a roller can get somewhat pricey.

After the roller price, say $50 for electronics, $30 for wheels/tires, $35-50 for a body (depending on what one), then the radio, servo, battery, etc.

You might could get some of that cheaper of course, those were rough guesses.

Before you buy a roller try to go on eBay or somewhere similar and add all the stuff you'll need and would actually buy to your cart and see how much it is going to be!

Edit** One other option would be to get a Slash and get monster truck wheels, since the longer chassis will help stability. My slash is very durable, and parts are cheap and easy to find, with nearly unlimited upgrades.

Remember too it it's cold outside, anything will break that normally wouldn't!
I agree about the stampede, they are prone to rolling on high grip surfaces but not such an issue off road and they have great ground clearance. They look like a proper old school MT cm pared to newer trucks. The Grave Digger and Big Foot ones look fantastic.

Quick Reply