Feb 10, 2018, 03:16 PM
Help!

What Am I Missing !!!!

Purchased three PowerLab 6 charges at the end of last year. With them I purchased three (photo 1)
PN: CP8S-TP/PQ6S-PAR-US
Cellpro (JST PA) PowerLab-to-ThunderPower (Molex) or PolyQuest (Yeonho) Safe Parallel Adapter

These adapters accepted my Hyperion 1300mAh, 3S batteries just fine but not my Zippy 4000mAh, 3S.

So, I just purchased two (photo 2):PN: CP8S-CP8S-PAR-US
Cellpro (JST PA) PowerLab-to-Cellpro (JST PA) Brand Battery Safe Parallel Adapter

Still won't accept the Zippy 3S. As far as I know, these are the only two adapters that FMA offers. As the title says, what am I missing?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2018, 09:38 AM
Here is the information on the adapters you have:

http://www.revolectrix.com/adapters.htm

You need a "GP" adapter to support JST-XH balance connectors. Additionally, when using those adapters the charger needs to be set to XH wiring mode.

If purchasing new adapters, I'd recommend using the native XH adapters mentioned on the bottom of the page in the link above.
Last edited by Ohmic; Feb 11, 2018 at 09:47 AM.
Feb 11, 2018, 10:27 AM
Thank you. So here's the issue. From reading the page that you provided the link to, it looks like the simplest solution would be the CP8S-GPKO6S-PAR which would take care of the Zippy batteries. But, I can't find that adapter available for sale at either FMA USA or Singapore sites. Other than that, it looks like the least costly route would be to try either Progressive or RC Buddy. The MPA boards are a bit beyond a "retired" income level. And I already have two of the CP8S-CP8S-PAR-US which will be of no use.
Feb 11, 2018, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer712
Thank you. So here's the issue. From reading the page that you provided the link to, it looks like the simplest solution would be the CP8S-GPKO6S-PAR which would take care of the Zippy batteries. But, I can't find that adapter available for sale at either FMA USA or Singapore sites. Other than that, it looks like the least costly route would be to try either Progressive or RC Buddy. The MPA boards are a bit beyond a "retired" income level. And I already have two of the CP8S-CP8S-PAR-US which will be of no use.
IMHO the best and simplest solution would the native XH adapters. They're a little more expensive than some of the others, but really well designed. The new 4 port MPA boards look nice if you need to parallel charge. I use the SPA boards myself.

It's my understanding the CP8S-GPKO6S-PAR was discontinued a while back, but maybe you could find one used.
Feb 12, 2018, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer712
Homer,

The parts you need are included in a combo for the SPA adapter. The SPA replaced the old style CP8S-GP/KO6S-PAR. The SPA will handle any 2S to 8S pack with a JST-XH balance plug. I have provided a link to the part you need on the REVO USA site,

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...A_2/SPA-XH_182
Feb 12, 2018, 10:30 AM
Jamie, thanks for the reply. I will go that way eventually, but in the meantime, I found a couple of the old CP8S-GPKO6S-PAR adapters at a shop called Hobby Hanger . . . in New Zealand! Even with shipping, they ended up costing me less (favorable exchange rate) than when they were available stateside. This way I can leave my PowerLab 6 chargers set to FMA wiring and not worry about which one I have set to which wiring scheme.

As always, thanks.
Last edited by Homer712; Feb 13, 2018 at 07:13 AM.

Quick Reply