Canterbury J Group Build - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 13, 2018, 11:23 PM
Iíve been busy with cad and finally have some templates for the servo mounts. Usually I would just laser cut these but for a small batch, a scroll saw is quite accurate if you donít have too many parts to cut. Templates printed on card stock and covered with packing tape both sides. Cut out with kitchen scissors.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2018, 09:25 AM
Modeler/ Historian
I am so excited to get these parts installed !
Feb 16, 2018, 12:26 AM
Got some parts cut out. A few tweaks needed but some progress. Thanks to Steven Vick for the help.
Feb 16, 2018, 08:37 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Carl, You are truly leading the charge on this group build! Hoo Yah! Lets get back in the shop this weekend and build some boats...
Feb 18, 2018, 05:31 PM
Modeler/ Historian
Group build Day Two. Carl is busy cutting parts and I am cleaning them up. Eric is MIA , apparently heís got a hot date in Austin.
Feb 19, 2018, 11:11 PM
Modeler/ Historian
So all the servo mounts for #589 got a coat of thinned epoxy prior to assembly and installation. The winch runs a continuous loop on an arrow shaft to which the sheets will attach. I also built up the main hatch using the milled frame provided by Hans. I replaced the provided birch ply top with a peace of 1 /16 polycarbonate. I added the Welsh dragon graphic from the backside. Once I am satisfied I can work on all the running gear through hatch openings alone. I will set down the deck.
Feb 21, 2018, 10:16 AM
Kevin Gault
Sure looks nice Stephen. Makes me want to build another, but I've got no more room for boats!

When I built mine, I thought the "kit" was really nice, but it looks as though Hans has only made it better.

Kevin
C-J #551
Feb 21, 2018, 11:31 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Hans has very nearly provided a "complete" kit. We will post up pics of what is provided when one gets everything offered. I didn't opt for the full kit as I like to build my own rig etc... However Carl and Eric got everything. Hans did some major tweaks , like the milled hatch combings and some deck bracing changes. I was happy with the old kit, it seems to have gotten even better.
Yesterday, 10:56 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Kevin, I am building my second CJ: A) because I love the design. B) I want to have the extra boat to "Hand over the Transmitter" to potential CJ Builders. We will have a 4 boat fleet in San Angelo, and we hope to expand that fleet to Austin, San Antonio, DFW etc... Y'all got it good in SoCal....
Today, 03:09 AM
Very nice workshop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Vick
Group build Day Two. Carl is busy cutting parts and I am cleaning them up. Eric is MIA , apparently heís got a hot date in Austin.
Today, 08:41 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Thank You, the shop belongs to Eric, who is kind enough to give us access whenever we need. You are correct, it is a great workshop.

Quick Reply