This thread is privately moderated by Logan Tech, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 10, 2018, 09:26 AM
Thread OP
Question

FS- i6S

I bought the FS-i6S and I'm new to it and to the rc world so I want to mount servos to control my nerf gun, turret style. But I need good servos that will move it up/ down and left/right and yet are fairly cheap. I want them to return to home and have limits on how far they move. If the FS-i6S will even do that. Thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2018, 06:07 PM
Yes , The transmitter will do that within the limits of the servo capability ..

NERF GUN .. Turn it into a turret ..

What size nerf gun / weight ...

Do you plan on building some sort of mount ? which is then servo controlled ?

Honestly , this can be a simple thing or complicated ..
Feb 10, 2018, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
Hi, that's for helping me so to answer your questions. The nerf gun is about 4 pounds I am mounting to a board just to make it not flip over. I have an RC transmitter the FS-i6s for now to control it.
Feb 10, 2018, 09:48 PM
Is the gun going to go up and down - left and right - Fire !
How much movement do you need ?
Left 90 deg / right 90 deg
Up 45 deg / down 45 deg

RC grade servos may not cut it .. You may need industrial grade actuators / servos / electric motors ..

A little like how they set up RC for real cars ..

DIY Autonomous Nerf Turret (9 min 20 sec)

Arduino Controlled Nerf Turret (3 min 47 sec)

https://www.hackster.io/hackerhouse/...-turret-77fb0b

http://www.instructables.com/id/Nerf-Vulcan-Sentry-Gun/
Feb 11, 2018, 11:16 AM
Thread OP
I would like
Left 90 deg/right 90 deg
Up 60 deg / down 60 deg
And Shoot
I was thinking these Hitec hs-311 servos as shown in your second video. I found a four pack online for about $36. Would you recommend these servos for this application?
Feb 11, 2018, 05:57 PM
I have no idea ! Sorry .. ( RE servos )

It would all depend on what you want to do and how you do it .
From these videos , I would suggest doing everything from the NERF Guns center of gravity ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/R-C-Plane-M...oAAOSwETJaH0br

But I would seriously consider a more powerful servo ...
Never done anything like this , so I would probably go with the biggest strongest servo in my budget range ...
Feb 11, 2018, 06:11 PM
Thread OP
Ok so I have another question, I have flysky i6s I want to spin the turret without limiting the servo cord and breaking it so could I bind 2 servos to one transmitter? On some other forums, they say that if I bind both receivers at once and trick the flysky to think it's one receiver. Do you think this could work? Thanks again.
Feb 11, 2018, 08:28 PM
The receiver should handle 6 servos ..
One servo for left right and another for up down ..

A 3rd servo might be for the trigger ..

Servo chord .. You would most likely want to put the Rx somewhere that limits the amount of movement the cord does .. + You can buy servo cord extensions ..

Two receivers - never done it .. Problem is that once the transmitter binds to one Rx it might lock out the other ? With older transmitters that had frequency crystals you could do this ..
The old 27meg and FM radios .. ( Caused lots of problems with crossed frequencies )

But these days the transmitters are designed to only bind / work with one receiver on purpose ..
Feb 17, 2018, 08:30 PM
Thread OP
I tried it, it doesn’t work. I read on one of these fourms that it works with the fs-i6 transmitter and 2 receivers does anyone know if it does?
Feb 17, 2018, 09:41 PM
How did you try it ?
If there is any chance for it to work (?)
You would probably need to try and bind both Receivers to the transmitter at the same time .
( A stereo bind so to speak )
Feb 18, 2018, 08:49 AM
Thread OP
I tried to put both receivers into bind mode then the transmitter bind. The transmitter only picked up on one of them and left the other receiver still in bind mode.
Feb 18, 2018, 10:05 AM
Thread OP
Is it even possible with my transmitter? I don’t want to have to buy a new setup but if it is possible with a transmitter about the same price as this one what would you recommend?
Feb 18, 2018, 04:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...to+2+receivers

I would check out youtube ....

Quick Reply