Jun 25, 2019, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfpv
Which sport jet?
It's the Sport Shark older version.
Latest blog entry: "Is that a Turbine?" Not...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demetrius
It's the Sport Shark older version.
A 120mm Vasy is a lot of fan for that jet. It sure will have a nice sound though. If it is not built yet, it would be fun to see a build thread of how you shoehorn the Vasy, batts, and inlets in the fuselage.

Scott
Jun 26, 2019, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfpv
A 120mm Vasy is a lot of fan for that jet. It sure will have a nice sound though. If it is not built yet, it would be fun to see a build thread of how you shoehorn the Vasy, batts, and inlets in the fuselage.

Scott
Scott, sorry I actually didn't notice that this thread was for Vasy instead of Vasa which is what I was posting so I decided to remove the fans. During my search for Vasa fans, Vasy fan popped up first (due to the latest postings) and I posted in it without catching the title name.

Thanks

Andrew
Last edited by demetrius; Jun 26, 2019 at 01:46 AM.
Jul 13, 2019, 02:45 PM
Electric Coolhunter
I went to our local EAA chapter meeting today and got to have a bare eyeball and hands on look at a Vasyfan 250 in a nacelle. The owner stated the fans had just arrived.

Pretty awesome and the workmanship was impeccable. A local company is working on a small composite kitplane called Odyssey that will be powered by two of these, with a max total thrust of 180lbs. It can also be powered by electric motors with props or small gas engines.

The motor wires were about the size of the cables on a car starter.... I put a dollar bill in the picture for scale.

They showed some of the patterns for the aircraft complete with parting planes attached, ready for mold making.
Last edited by Thomas B; Jul 13, 2019 at 03:01 PM.
Aug 01, 2019, 01:02 PM
Thread OP

VF-250 Nacelles! 😉

Edf Vasyfan VF-250 Nacelles Special Applications (1 min 14 sec)
Aug 04, 2019, 08:21 AM
Lee Liddle
Wow!
350a aprox 65v under load, aprox 22.5 kw power input. Gotta love it!!
Sep 09, 2019, 03:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle
Wow!
350a aprox 65v under load, aprox 22.5 kw power input. Gotta love it!!
Thank you my friend 😊
Sep 09, 2019, 04:48 AM
jofro
Two of these should be able to handle that large 10 meter long "Concorde" for a few minute flight time.
Love it, can't wait to see it in some giant EDF model.

Quick Reply