Feb 12, 2018, 07:44 PM
I also, wrongly assumed, that Vasa Fans and Vasyfan were the same...my fault.
The rotor, spinner and tail-cone looks a lot like the Schubler. You may be making trouble for yourself by making copies of someones design.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2018, 07:59 PM
Lee Liddle
Removed by choice
Last edited by Knife Liddle; Feb 12, 2018 at 11:55 PM.
Feb 12, 2018, 10:27 PM
Lithium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
They look nice, vids of them running or or flying would help a bunch. Also there is a fan on the market named the "Vasa Fan" so it might confuse some people. What are the sizes of the fans pictured?
I know next to nothing here, but let me say what I know.

His name is Vasile Tamis (as he says in the first post) which might sound like a Romanian name, but he is based in Italy, just outside Milan.

His diminutive is Vasy, and so the name VasyFan No relationship whatsoever with Vasa which is based in the Czeck republic ...

He has been producing composite products for a while, and handmade carbon fans for ~8 years.

From what I could tell so far his major customers have been a circle of edf friends in northern Italy. Most of his videos from what I can tell are filmed at a local small airport in Bresso just outside Milan.

Because of a number of reasons presumably linked to language barriers, internet access, distribution etc. this has been a rather private affair; nevertheless some of his edf products seem (to me) to even predate some latest DS offering and possiby even the Vasa fans.

In any case if one wants to start a story of who copied who (starting with Steve C's multiblade fans, Aeronaut and Czeck copies) one can go on for one hundred pages here And this is from someone who has been very directly involved with the design of one of DS's fans

So view it as a one-man composite business trying to enlarge his horizons ...
Feb 12, 2018, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Warren
Price? Availability to USA?
Ditto. I would like to know this information also.
Thanks,
Tone
Feb 12, 2018, 11:54 PM
Lee Liddle
That's good to know Herb. Thanks for the insight.
Feb 13, 2018, 07:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
I know next to nothing here, but let me say what I know.

His name is Vasile Tamis (as he says in the first post) which might sound like a Romanian name, but he is based in Italy, just outside Milan.

His diminutive is Vasy, and so the name VasyFan No relationship whatsoever with Vasa which is based in the Czeck republic ...

He has been producing composite products for a while, and handmade carbon fans for ~8 years.

From what I could tell so far his major customers have been a circle of edf friends in northern Italy. Most of his videos from what I can tell are filmed at a local small airport in Bresso just outside Milan.

Because of a number of reasons presumably linked to language barriers, internet access, distribution etc. this has been a rather private affair; nevertheless some of his edf products seem (to me) to even predate some latest DS offering and possiby even the Vasa fans.

In any case if one wants to start a story of who copied who (starting with Steve C's multiblade fans, Aeronaut and Czeck copies) one can go on for one hundred pages here And this is from someone who has been very directly involved with the design of one of DS's fans

So view it as a one-man composite business trying to enlarge his horizons ...
Thanks to Herb for finding and publish infos about me.
Feb 13, 2018, 07:28 AM
Thread OP
Dear sirs,
I've only sold in my country till now because of experimenting time.
But I realized a lot of rotors with different designs and different number of blades (ex. 10/11/1414/15/17) to find the best result from speed and static thrust.
Now I began making some gliders EDFs and I'm designing a new 160mm EDF; I've also realized a giant 250mm EDF and I'm testing it with different LiPos cells.
So I 'm proud of my artworls and I want to underline that I didn't copy anyone, even if Schubler or other EDF are similar to mine.
Ypu can find more videos and pics on my website www.vasyfan.com Thanks to everybody!
Have a good day!
Feb 13, 2018, 07:31 AM
Thread OP
Edf diameters 250mm motors TP100

Edf vasyfan 250mm giant, motors TP100 (1 min 13 sec)
Feb 13, 2018, 08:07 AM
Thread OP
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4N...ew?usp=sharing
Last edited by Vasyfan; Feb 13, 2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: link not working
Feb 13, 2018, 08:09 AM
Thread OP
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Nu-S1Dzwq6Y1dEdzRkT0d4dGM/view?usp=sharing
Last edited by Vasyfan; Feb 13, 2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: link not working
Feb 13, 2018, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasyfan
It says that I do not have permission to access the drive.
Tone
Feb 13, 2018, 01:18 PM
Classic jets rule
thanks for the info Herb .
they do look like nice fans he should send a few over here for testing ....I'd test one I have a BVM fury set up for a 115mm fan , or a 80, or 90mm in some other jets I have .
Feb 13, 2018, 01:30 PM
Hello to everybody!
I personally met Vasile and it's just awesome how he realizes these artworks without large scale machines as Schubler or others big brands -here mentioned- do.
No copies at all. Every EDF is home designed, with paper and sweat and then turned into reality and highly tested to be perfectly balanced.
His EDFs are not only performing and resistant but they also sound very good!
As he wrote on his website, he began with model-making about 15 years ago and his first handiwork was a very big F117 Stealth powered by a very big EDF.
As soon as his friends noticed his skills, they began to spread the news that went around RC airfields and also different countries.
He has been invited to various jet meetings and his fame grew as the request for his works.
From 2018, with a great courage, he started considering commuting his love into a job and he opened a company.
Thumbs up for this guy!!!
I wonder why he hasn't been called yet from great EDF brands to work for them!
Feb 13, 2018, 01:51 PM
Thread OP
Try now, I corrected the wrong links, now it should work!
Sorry! Let me konw.

Note: I'm honest, please don't expect very very low prices. My prices are good but, as you can imagine, it's a long process and it takes a lot of time and material is carbon fiber sandwich. They are not chinese plastic EDF
Feb 13, 2018, 04:14 PM
smug in granny panties
Worse case isnít that his a case of everyone getting what they demanded? As in. I thing matters but how a fan looks, if it has many blades it can be heavy, suck, inefficient, poor to power, cheap, extra expensive, heck even copied long as it assumes the Identity I insist it to. Given that and that thereís only so many ways to slice a tomato, is t this a foreshadow of the soon daily argument of it
must be ripped off?

Quick Reply