This thread is privately moderated by droydx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 09, 2018, 11:43 AM
Fun ain't cheap!
Discussion

Cliffhanger AT6 PSS

While waiting for my P51D Fakefest short kit, I banged out another PSS to "season" my new work area... I have a whole 2 car garage now, set up to work in, now that I have moved up the coast to Nipomo. I started out with a 1980's vintage Cliffhanger brand AT6 kit. The fuselage was the only thing I used. I had to reinforce it heavily, as it was the typical 2 piece heavily pinholed polyester resin lay up affair. I cut a new full span "amigo" style set of cores using the time tested RG14 7.5 airfoil. The wing uses 1/32 sheeting with glass covering, while the tail is hard balsa sandwiched on 1/64" ply, also glassed via vac bag. Servos are standard size Tactic brand using 4/40 control with 1/8" music wire torque rods.

I modeled the AT 6 "War Dog" that is frequently scene at airshows around the U. S. A. and used some of Callie Graphics vinyl to finish it out. Paint is Rustoleum with a spritz of clear to finish it off. It came out to AUW of about 70oz, so it will take a slope with solid lift to make it go.
Latest blog entry: Douglas Silhoutte wing cores
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2018, 08:59 PM
John will be flattered.......nicely done.
Feb 12, 2018, 09:43 AM
Fun ain't cheap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl7112
John will be flattered.......nicely done.
Thanks, I hope it flies as well as it looks. Callie Graphics make some great stuff. the 1/12 scale was perfect sized.

Andy
Latest blog entry: Douglas Silhoutte wing cores

Quick Reply