Mar 21, 2018, 04:45 PM
Geek 4 3V3R
ok thanks, so if I use LED_S to trigger buzzer, I can not use LED at the same time. I don't use LED for now but was working on a PDB that would have LED and buzzer.

The buzzer of ESC is a good idea but in my experience are not that loud even if I set it to max.

thanks
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2018, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen13
You can use the 5v on the led pads or if you run dshot esc s you can use the escs as beeper for quad
Have you ever tried remapping the beeper to the LED pad, or any other pad for that matter? I haven't but it's my understanding that remapping the buzzer resource doesn't work in BF. I wouldn't want to lose the LED function anyway and I'm not a big fan of using my ESCs for beeper functions.

This appears to me to be a significant oversight with this FC, to me beeper pads on an FC are a given. I wish I would have noticed this before buying one.
Mar 21, 2018, 06:19 PM
Geek 4 3V3R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGeno
Have you ever tried remapping the beeper to the LED pad, or any other pad for that matter? I haven't but it's my understanding that remapping the buzzer resource doesn't work in BF. I wouldn't want to lose the LED function anyway and I'm not a big fan of using my ESCs for beeper functions.

This appears to me to be a significant oversight with this FC, to me beeper pads on an FC are a given. I wish I would have noticed this before buying one.
that is why I ask first

here is some info
https://oscarliang.com/betaflight-resource-remapping/

you would need a transistor if you map buzzer on TX/RX pin.

other then the new raceflight 20x20 that has LED and buzzer, I don't know a lot of 20x20 that have OSD with buzzer and LED.
Mar 21, 2018, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robomaniac
that is why I ask first

here is some info
https://oscarliang.com/betaflight-resource-remapping/

you would need a transistor if you map buzzer on TX/RX pin.

other then the new raceflight 20x20 that has LED and buzzer, I don't know a lot of 20x20 that have OSD with buzzer and LED.
I've been using Omnibus F4 20x20s and PicoBLX F4 OSD both of which have dedicated LED and buzzer pads. Frankly I haven't ever bought a FC that hasn't had both until this one which is why I missed it when I made the purchase. I just assumed it did.
Apr 06, 2018, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheair247
Hey guys just a heads up. I did the same bonehead move that I did when the pico blx came out. I hooked up my run cam vtx to the vtx+ pad and it smoked it. Its vbat duh. Lol. Dont know why I have it in my head that just cause its a micro the vtx+ is 5v. So anyone else out there hooking one up make sure you read the manual better than I did!
It would be helpful if you can just clarify. You said you soldered your VTX to VTX+. Then you said its not VTX+, its VBAT. What do you mean? Are you saying the VTX+ and VBAT osd on top of it are bridged somehow, that VBAT delivers batt voltage straight to VTX+ as well?

In the diagram, it says the VTX+ is a different pad than VBAT.

I ordered this board and it should be in tomorrow and I'd like clarity before burning my vtx too!
Apr 06, 2018, 09:47 AM

Heli-Nation Talon F4 20x20 FC Flight Controller

The vtx+ pad thats intended to power the vtx is battery voltage. In larger builds vtxs run off battery voltage. In micros most vtxs are 5v in. I soldered my vtx03 to that pad and gave it a full 3s voltage. Let the smoke out. I soldered it to any 5v pad on the board and have been running great ever since.
Apr 06, 2018, 10:51 AM
It's a great board .only wish I could use a beeper on it...?could I use the led pads for beeper?
Apr 06, 2018, 03:16 PM
Run d shot then you have a beeper
Apr 06, 2018, 06:03 PM
Quote:
The vtx+ pad thats intended to power the vtx is battery voltage. In larger builds vtxs run off battery voltage. In micros most vtxs are 5v in. I soldered my vtx03 to that pad and gave it a full 3s voltage. Let the smoke out. I soldered it to any 5v pad on the board and have been running great ever since.
Ahh ok, thanks! Fortunately, I have a Wolfwhoop Q1M 800mw which takes up to 24V and it's not much bigger than a VTX03! Got a great deal on it too. Feels like a quality VTX, I'm waiting on my FC and antenna to come in to test it out.
Apr 06, 2018, 06:17 PM

Dshot

Quote:
Run d shot then you have a beeper
Im running dshot,,and I activated in betaflight and still get no beeps?
Im using 4 in 1 esc?
Apr 06, 2018, 09:39 PM
Quote:
I’m running dshot,,and I activated in betaflight and still get no beeps?
I’m using 4 in 1 esc?
It is a bs-heli d-shot feature. You need to configure it in bs-heli verses in BF. Although you don't get all the same beeper features as you do from BF.
Apr 07, 2018, 12:41 AM
Bl Heli suite..I know
What is bs-heli ?
Apr 07, 2018, 01:38 AM
You have to use the command line. Set d_shot_beacon_tone=5
Apr 07, 2018, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Bl Heli suite..I know
What is bs-heli ?
Autocorrect gone mad
Apr 07, 2018, 12:46 PM
set beeper_dshot_beacon_tone = 1 then select save,,,,,yep done that and have set to aux3 for beeper,aux3 activates in betaflight but no sound from esc’s?
I have esc set to dshot600...
I think my 4 in 1;esc is a Orion32 all in one,,,
Could the esc possibly need to be updated?

Quick Reply