Sep 07, 2019, 11:27 AM
Yesterday I was flying the Flexjet again.

Since I have the Flexjet TV, I didn't fly the "old" Flexjet anymore.

I use 6S 5000 batteries and was hoping for flight times of around 4 minutes.

I have my timer set to 3:30 minutes.

I landed after 4 minutes and only had 9% left in the battery pack.

The power consumption is extreme. Perhaps I have to work on my throttle management.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2019, 04:58 AM
2019 EDF Jet Jam June 13-16
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it
Quick question
The manual states when using a Futaba Rx like an R7008SB receiver on S-Bus do not use S-bus2. The S-Bus on the Rx is slot/port #8 and the S-bus 2 is on the bottom running sideways to the Rx.
So on page 6 in the Flexjet manual, it talks about only using Sbus and not Sbus2
Now for my question, why do I have to use Sbus2 on my Mamba60 E and the Flexjet to make everything work correctly when the manual tells you not to use SBus2. I have a dozen flights on the Mamba 60E and all works great. What I am calling the SBus2 is the bottom slot that runs sideways on the R7008SB receiver. Note I can not get to work if I use the SBus CH 8 slot.
I just checked the manual on the R7008SB receiver again and indeed the bottom slot that I am using is SBus2 http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r7008sb-manual.pdf
You have to set the rx to mode B or D for slot 8 to output the S-Bus signal.
Sep 08, 2019, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini

Thanks, I am using mode B for the Futaba Rx. I will double-check again. Mode D does not really work for me I don't need the additional channels.
Sep 08, 2019, 07:11 AM
Thread OP
Mode B would be the selection I would use in this instance. I just wanted mention both options. I know guys that are using S-Bus 2 successfully.
Just helped two friends setup their Aura 8 both Futaba 14 SG users.
Both started with S-bus 2 switched them to Port 8.

Really wish the Futaba usa people understood This protocol better. Can never seem to get a clear answer.

Just Read the 7008 instructions again, S-Bus 2 is designed for sensors and other “S-Bus 2” devices.
Last edited by Robert Belluomini; Sep 08, 2019 at 07:33 AM.
Sep 08, 2019, 09:10 AM
Quote:

TOO FUNNY
I hate to emit what the problem was. I put it in B mode three or four times but only checked once what slot it was in. I guess it does not do too good in slot #7. I need glasses.:
Sep 08, 2019, 12:29 PM
Thread OP
Well there you go. Glad you sorted it out.
Sep 11, 2019, 05:32 PM
Never too old to learn
Just had to do something about the pathetic cockpit on the Flex Jet.
Used a F-16 cockpit from a wrecked one.

Tom
Sep 12, 2019, 02:04 AM
I have to do some repairs on the Flexjet TV.

What glue are you sing on the foam material?

I also stripped one servo, it's a DS 15.

At the moment, the DS 15 and DS 19 aren't available in Europe.

What would be a good replacement servo?
Sep 12, 2019, 08:52 AM
Thread OP
http://www.promodeler.com/DS85CLHV

This company has some of the nicest servos I have ever used.
Sep 12, 2019, 09:09 AM
Never too old to learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloBau
I have to do some repairs on the Flexjet TV.

What glue are you sing on the foam material?
Regular CA works fine. No need to use foam safe CA. Also Epoxy for gluing in the retract plastic bits. Also good to use on foam to foam is foam tac.

Tom
Sep 12, 2019, 12:45 PM
Quote:
http://www.promodeler.com/DS85CLHV

This company has some of the nicest servos I have ever used.
The problem is, that I also can't get these in Europe.

The retailer for Flex in Europe doesn't have the DS 15 or DS 19 in stock.

Bedt case would be a servo from Sav÷x or Hitec, as they are always available here.
Sep 17, 2019, 07:37 PM

Maiden Flight........well almost

Finally my spare time and weather cooperated. I had a fresh charged 6 cell Roaring top 70c 5500 pack ready to go. Ranged check done, verified control surface and flight mode operation.Verified my Jeti telemetry was talking to my transmitter. All is good. Position on runway ,started timer and gave her full throttle. She went straight down the runway for about 300 feet and didn't even get light on the nose even with high rates from the expert program. I stood in front of it to hold it and gave it full throttle. The telemetry said about 85 amps. Put it back on the flight stand and installed another fresh battery, full throttle peaked about 90 amps and leveled to 85. My throttle stick shows 100% travel on my radio. Any suggestions?
Sep 17, 2019, 08:30 PM
Did you use the elevator gauges from the manual when you set up the elevators? CG as per manual?

QUOTE=foundryratjim;42761457]Finally my spare time and weather cooperated. I had a fresh charged 6 cell Roaring top 70c 5500 pack ready to go. Ranged check done, verified control surface and flight mode operation.Verified my Jeti telemetry was talking to my transmitter. All is good. Position on runway ,started timer and gave her full throttle. She went straight down the runway for about 300 feet and didn't even get light on the nose even with high rates from the expert program. I stood in front of it to hold it and gave it full throttle. The telemetry said about 85 amps. Put it back on the flight stand and installed another fresh battery, full throttle peaked about 90 amps and leveled to 85. My throttle stick shows 100% travel on my radio. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Sep 17, 2019, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane
Did you use the elevator gauges from the manual when you set up the elevators? CG as per manual?

QUOTE=foundryratjim;42761457]Finally my spare time and weather cooperated. I had a fresh charged 6 cell Roaring top 70c 5500 pack ready to go. Ranged check done, verified control surface and flight mode operation.Verified my Jeti telemetry was talking to my transmitter. All is good. Position on runway ,started timer and gave her full throttle. She went straight down the runway for about 300 feet and didn't even get light on the nose even with high rates from the expert program. I stood in front of it to hold it and gave it full throttle. The telemetry said about 85 amps. Put it back on the flight stand and installed another fresh battery, full throttle peaked about 90 amps and leveled to 85. My throttle stick shows 100% travel on my radio. Any suggestions?
[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes.
Sep 17, 2019, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundryratjim
Finally my spare time and weather cooperated. I had a fresh charged 6 cell Roaring top 70c 5500 pack ready to go. Ranged check done, verified control surface and flight mode operation.Verified my Jeti telemetry was talking to my transmitter. All is good. Position on runway ,started timer and gave her full throttle. She went straight down the runway for about 300 feet and didn't even get light on the nose even with high rates from the expert program. I stood in front of it to hold it and gave it full throttle. The telemetry said about 85 amps. Put it back on the flight stand and installed another fresh battery, full throttle peaked about 90 amps and leveled to 85. My throttle stick shows 100% travel on my radio. Any suggestions?

Now, this is just a wild guess. But, I had a jet about 5 years ago are so. Where the plastic tube was leaking air. You might check they always seem to fit at the top but some times it has a gap at the bottom causing leakage.
On my flexjet I had a devil of a time to make it fit like it came out. My hand was too big to shove it down the air tunnel so I had my wife help me get the plastic to fit all the way around the fan housing.

Quick Reply