to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2018, 02:41 AM
Hey Tony.. That's a totally cool looking Jet..Have you preordered ?? I would like a ARF plus kit if it ever was available..Have 90mm options in the War chest..
Feb 12, 2018, 09:29 AM
Jet looks great!!

Flex, does the jet have enough room for an 8s configuration and will it balance?

Any chance that it will be sold without power system(edf unit, motor and esc) for people that want to upgrade from the start?

Thanks
Al
Last edited by abasualdo; Feb 12, 2018 at 09:37 AM.
Feb 12, 2018, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abasualdo
Jet looks great!!

Flex, does the jet have enough room for an 8s configuration and will it balance?

Any chance that it will be sold without power system(edf unit, motor and esc) for people that want to upgrade from the start?

Thanks
Al
Read post 49...
Feb 12, 2018, 10:10 AM
thanks, missed that post.
Feb 12, 2018, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Fly Low
Thanks for the grass video. Sold me on this one. I've seen so many jets this size that take forever to get off the ground . Some tend to tricycle over from the thrust lift from the rear. Or have to come in hot for landings taking a long roll out. I've removed the wheels from every jet I have and just hand toss. I always wanted a jet this size with reliable components, straight forward, don't need a bunch of bells and whistles. Habu 2 has been my go to hand toss for years. Even bought two extras to keep in the box ( just in case ) Looks like this will be just what I've been waiting for. Thanks again! Good job! Take offs and landings are about all I look for in videos before buying a plane . The close ups and angles of views were very helpful to me. Watched it over and over . No doubt it's a winner off grass. Thanks.

Thanks for the comments.
Good, Glad the video effort is helping.... In that session we did about 8 takeoff and landings including some with half used packs.... no issue. All very similar.

The slo-mo can be a little mesmerizing!

David
Feb 12, 2018, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Jet looks great!!

Thanks
Al
On 8S... of course we don't officially 'endorse ' it. (and it would just be very fast for foam if you 'power dove' it) The FlexJet is a strong and balanced machine, but was not specifically built for 'very high speed'.

There is room....
Most of the 8S motors are heavier (in the tail).
Most 8S Batteries are heavier (nose)
So it mostly works itself out....
In the end, you could move the battery forward and the Rx/Aura back if you needed more nose weight. Too nose heavy could require a little weight in the tail. The FlexJet flies great over a pretty broad CG range... especially with Aura.

For space, I would say an 8S 4200 would be the max comfortable fit depending on shape (and for weight).
In the worst case, it could require a small amount of foam removal inside the compartment... But not if the shape is right.

Hope this helps,
David
Feb 12, 2018, 02:17 PM
Thanks David.

So, can you share a little more info on what were the design goals.

An aerobatic EDf jet with a lower wing loading, efficient ducting and edf unit?

How does it compare/differ from 80mm FW Avanti, besides 80mm vs 90mm, they are both 6s 5000mah jets.

Thanks
Last edited by abasualdo; Feb 12, 2018 at 02:39 PM.
Feb 12, 2018, 07:22 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe
On 8S... of course we don't officially 'endorse ' it. (and it would just be very fast for foam if you 'power dove' it) The FlexJet is a strong and balanced machine, but was not specifically built for 'very high speed'.

There is room....
Most of the 8S motors are heavier (in the tail).
Most 8S Batteries are heavier (nose)
So it mostly works itself out....
In the end, you could move the battery forward and the Rx/Aura back if you needed more nose weight. Too nose heavy could require a little weight in the tail. The FlexJet flies great over a pretty broad CG range... especially with Aura.

For space, I would say an 8S 4200 would be the max comfortable fit depending on shape (and for weight).
In the worst case, it could require a small amount of foam removal inside the compartment... But not if the shape is right.

Hope this helps,
David
Not worth the higher wing loading I'd guess. Plenty of other jets to be rockets. I know you guys fine tune everything and mostly I know you guys keep everything as light as possible. This jet looks like the perfect balance of thrust and aerobatics because of its light weight. You guys do your homework on design more then any company out there. I trust whatever pnp you guys come out with. Sone other scale heavier jets like say the freewing f15 would benifit from 8s or upgrade higher kv 6s etc. The problem for you guys is as of yet you are only known to prop flying dudes. Be prepared to sell a lot of edfs lol. I'm not kissing butt. Just being real. Feel free to send me a jet though and I will make a great review video with the most amazing backdrop Hahaha look at that sky
Brandon edf jet with colored streamers (3 min 30 sec)
Feb 12, 2018, 07:35 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Thanks David.

So, can you share a little more info on what were the design goals.

An aerobatic EDf jet with a lower wing loading, efficient ducting and edf unit?

How does it compare/differ from 80mm FW Avanti, besides 80mm vs 90mm, they are both 6s 5000mah jets.

Thanks
After geeking out on the vids it definitely has more thrust and immediate thrust . It looks to be lighter and a more efficient fan /ducting for SURE. Avanti is an amazing jet, I mean truly amazing for the money but as far as thrust and aerobatics this looks like a step above in those regards. It is more money however but I believe it's a step above in the flying department. It looks almost TOO FUN which can be good or bad haha. The gear on Avanti is my favorite so far for practicality and this looks like a step even above that as well. Again you do often pay for research and development and quality and that Aura 8 just adds versatility and smoothness to each aircraft.
Feb 12, 2018, 07:42 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
I like this scheme
Last edited by DR. JOY; Feb 12, 2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Wrong picture.
Feb 12, 2018, 07:43 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
Hey Tony.. That's a totally cool looking Jet..Have you preordered ?? I would like a ARF plus kit if it ever was available..Have 90mm options in the War chest..
I have not! Saving for some other cool stuff coming this year, though the Red & White version is really tempting.
Feb 12, 2018, 08:28 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Something to think about... the demo is by an experienced/accomplished 3 D pilot. How may of us "typical jet jocks" are really ready for rolling circles and at least a partial rolling loop. ;D I know making it look like Seth does is way beyond my current skill set.
It IS a very cool model though. I'm most likely going to have to buy one even if I can't fly it like that. I really like the excellent thrust to weight ratio and the way it can slow down nose high for landing and a wheelie roll out. That part, I am capable of doing on occasion.

PS, I like that same scheme Dr Joy. I think it would look good in a military camo too.
Latest blog entry: Current Health Conditions
Feb 12, 2018, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207
Something to think about... the demo is by an experienced/accomplished 3 D pilot. How may of us "typical jet jocks" are really ready for rolling circles and at least a partial rolling loop. ;D I know making it look like Seth does is way beyond my current skill set.
It IS a very cool model though. I'm most likely going to have to buy one even if I can't fly it like that. I really like the excellent thrust to weight ratio and the way it can slow down nose high for landing and a wheelie roll out. That part, I am capable of doing on occasion.

PS, I like that same scheme Dr Joy. I think it would look good in a military camo too.
The most cool part about this Jet is it's a Military style Jet that's had a relationship with the Avanti...
Feb 12, 2018, 09:30 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207

Honestly their aura 8 helps. You'd be surprised what you could pull off Though everything is confidence from experience and if you fly 3d and jets you'll have more confidence with advanced meneuvers and doing them low

Quick Reply