Feb 10, 2018, 09:24 AM
AA6JB
Hey MR Robert ... any chance you are willing to update the title of this thread to more accurately reflect what this new release from Flex is all about? Now that we KNOW the model ...
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2018, 10:29 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
I saw this yesterday too just after flaming the FW F4.... LOL

I have not had time to dig deeper in the construction of the plane but from the flying video this is cool! Next level EDF for sure! This will likely be on my turbine conversion list for 2018, looks like it is alot of fun when the competitors only bring out new shapes of the same old stuff.... I have the Freewing T45 since a couple of years, no need for the F4 as it's virtually the "same plane in another color", where this is super next level in performance. I hope it comes with descent servos and retracts.

Taft makes it? looks Taft, but I might be wrong.
Feb 10, 2018, 11:56 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista
very nice! 11-blade fan, 1450kV outrunner - sounds like the TAFT unit (from the data, not from the sound in the plane, good ducting does not make for wooshy sound...)
EDIT: downloaded the manual from the product site - pic on p.10 clearly shows a TAFT unit
Yeah man. I guessed Taft 11 blade as well. And honestly those fans had AMAZING thrust and relative good efficiency
Feb 10, 2018, 11:57 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke

I have not had time to dig deeper in the construction of the plane but from the flying video this is cool! Next level EDF for sure! This will likely be on my turbine conversion list for 2018, looks like it is alot of fun when the competitors only bring out new shapes of the same old stuff.... I have the Freewing T45 since a couple of years, no need for the F4 as it's virtually the "same plane in another color", where this is super next level in performance. I hope it comes with descent servos and retracts.

The gear look to be the best yet made on a foamy edf honestly. At least functionality wise
Feb 10, 2018, 12:37 PM
2020 EDF Jet Jam June 18-21st
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke

Henke the equipment is very good quality and the model comes with the Aura gyro preinstalled. It also has a conventional thrust tube. The inlets are correctly shaped and it looks to be very stout in its construction. Check out the manual. A very innovative design.
Feb 10, 2018, 06:51 PM
AKA Terry Till
I asked them via Facebook if they will sell an ARF+ version, without the powertrain. They responded they have no intention of doing so, unless a lot of people asked for it.
It was more of a curiosity question.
Feb 10, 2018, 08:10 PM
2020 EDF Jet Jam June 18-21st
Thread OP
It looks like they have optimized the power setup well.
Feb 11, 2018, 12:08 AM
DG-303 Elan Acro Kolibri T35
This jet looks promising! I hope you also can purchase it without the Aura gyro. I'd like to use a Jeti Assist receiver.
Last edited by Haruki; Feb 11, 2018 at 12:28 AM.
Feb 11, 2018, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki
This jet looks promising! I hope you also can purchase it without the Aura gyro. I'd like to use a Jeti Assist receiver.
I haven't seen one plug-n-play offering from them that doesn't include the Aura. I doubt they would do that here. If you haven't had an opportunity to try an Aura I would take advantage. Jetti UDI is supported.
Feb 11, 2018, 09:16 AM
Kicking Tires
I love that landing! Great demo, worth watching several times.
Feb 11, 2018, 10:40 AM
Cool

I will ordered by Europe Dealer Linndinger Austria in The Navi Color Scheme Orange. Its the same my Carbon-Z T28.
Feb 11, 2018, 02:11 PM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-racr
I asked them via Facebook if they will sell an ARF+ version, without the powertrain. They responded they have no intention of doing so, unless a lot of people asked for it.
It was more of a curiosity question.
Yes, let's hope for different versions. I don't need the EDF or gyro as I want to go turbine and use Jeti Assist.
Feb 11, 2018, 02:19 PM
Just buy the model, and sell the EDF and Gyro!
Feb 11, 2018, 02:38 PM
AKA Terry Till
Quote:
Originally Posted by codys
Just buy the model, and sell the EDF and Gyro!
You certainly could, but it's somewhat of a hassle, and you wind up losing money on the sale, IMHO.
Feb 11, 2018, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-racr
You certainly could, but it's somewhat of a hassle, and you wind up losing money on the sale, IMHO.
Not sure about the fan but the Aura's bring good money used. I see them go for $80 plus often. You would probably come out fine. But then again, it makes more sense to fly it as is. Doesn't seem to be lacking in performance from the videos.

Quick Reply