ParkZone Conscendo Advanced 1.5m BNF

Horizon Hobby has been releasing new aircraft in a flurry on Thursdays and yesterday was no different with this new model from ParkZone hitting the internet. The Conscendo is a 1.5M wingspan sport glider that looks like it will be a blast to fly.

Splash

New Sport Sailplane from ParkZone

Horizon Hobby has been releasing new aircraft in a flurry on Thursdays and yesterday was no different with this new model from ParkZone hitting the internet. The Conscendo is a 1.5M wingspan sport glider that looks like it will be a blast to fly. It has a brushless power system that runs on a 3S 1300mAH lipo and has a folding prop to reduce drag when thermaling.

It's made from EPO foam and utilizes a carbon fiber joiner that the two piece wing slides on. It can be ready to fly in minutes out of the box and there's more great news for beginner pilots, the Conscendo features AS3X stabilization with SAFE technology to make it easy to fly while you are learning. Experts should also enjoy the plane with its sport handling at max control throws and strong power system. We can't wait to see these in the air and we won't have to wait long, shipments are due to arrive in just over a month. There are two versions available for pre-order, the BNF Basic is $149 and the PNP is $129.

Check out the Conscendo at Horizon Hobby

Feb 09, 2018, 10:26 AM
Suspended Account
I had the original Conscendo and it flew great. Long smooth flights that handled wind well. The fuselage was very sleek and thin, hopefully it comes reinforced this time.
Feb 09, 2018, 10:52 AM
Suspended Account
"... The fuselage in particular features carbon and composite reinforcement that allows the Conscendo to endure belly landings and prolonged dives...."

Great nws
Feb 09, 2018, 11:38 AM

Original crescendo

I have the original as well. I don't fly sailplanes very often so I only have this one but it has been great when I am in the sailplane mood. I agree the thin fuse could use a little reinforcement but I have to admit after many landings I have never had a problem with mine. Mine has the Safe feature and I just use it for takeoff. I usually fly sitting down so I just turn on safe and toss it out in front of me and then sit down in a lawn chair. I don't have to worry about having hands on the sticks until I sit down. If the new one is like the original you need to check the screws holding the prop and motor as they have a tendency to work loose after a few flights. if I didn't already have the original I would buy this one.
Feb 09, 2018, 11:43 AM
Professional Lurker
I'm curious if the horizontal tail is easily removable for transport. I love my Radian because it is easy to store and transport in the original box.
Feb 09, 2018, 12:57 PM
Suspended Account
I didn’t feel the original was easy to transport. Installing and removing the wings was not happening. I hope the new one comes apart easily
Feb 09, 2018, 07:15 PM
Stay away from air edges!

Pronunciation of Conscendo

At my club in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA the word Conscendo is mispronounced. I bring this to you from Wictionary and their entry for conscendo:

Latin
Etymology
From con- +‎ scandō (“climb, mount”).
Pronunciation
(Classical) IPA(key): /konˈsken.doː/, [kõːˈskɛn.doː]

Verb
cōnscendō (present infinitive cōnscendere, perfect active cōnscendī, supine cōnscēnsum); third conjugation
  1. climb up, ascend or scale.
  2. mount (a horse).
  3. board (a ship).

The second c is pronounced hard like a K.
Feb 09, 2018, 07:58 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
That video looks' like a "fatigue" sport plane trying to fly vertical!?!?

C'mon Horizon/Parkzone/Blade.....etc.....,
brushless motors are sooo cheap now, can't you atleast over-power this 1.5m glider?
There is nothing 'sporty' about this plane...jeez
Last edited by rclab1; Feb 10, 2018 at 05:28 PM.
Feb 10, 2018, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHSoars
At my club in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA the word Conscendo is mispronounced. I bring this to you from Wictionary and their entry for conscendo:

Latin
Etymology
From con- +‎ scandō (“climb, mount”).
Pronunciation
(Classical) IPA(key): /konˈsken.doː/, [kõːˈskɛn.doː]

Verb
cōnscendō (present infinitive cōnscendere, perfect active cōnscendī, supine cōnscēnsum); third conjugation
  1. climb up, ascend or scale.
  2. mount (a horse).
  3. board (a ship).

The second c is pronounced hard like a K.
I think something gets lost in translation with the proper pronunciation of "Conscendo" when done with an Oklahoman accent.......
Feb 10, 2018, 02:04 AM
Awesome! Totally getting one. Hope my hobby shop gets it in stock once its released.
Feb 10, 2018, 08:48 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxProGT
Awesome! Totally getting one. Hope my hobby shop gets it in stock once its released.
You can preorder. I usually tell the shop owner what I want. Horizon makes them buy a minimum of 6 to get their best prices.
Feb 10, 2018, 06:42 PM
I think this plane would be awesome with LED's like the Night Walrus!

I'm fairly sure I'm getting one of these when they're available
Feb 10, 2018, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield
You can preorder. I usually tell the shop owner what I want. Horizon makes them buy a minimum of 6 to get their best prices.
I know but my hobby shop carries HH and E-flite models and I like to give them my money whenever possible.
Feb 11, 2018, 12:46 AM

Off grass landings

How well would this plane handle landings on a compacted gravel runway at my flying club? We don't have a grass section for gliders. Perhaps small aftermarket belly and wing skids, in addition to some striated packaging tape on the bottom of the fuse, would make it feasible? I'm sure I'll get one for park flying... it's too irresistible for a glider pilot. Guess I could hand catch it at the club if no one else is flying and they will allow it.
Feb 11, 2018, 06:59 AM
Suspended Account
I think it would be hard to catch. I doubt that it would handle gravel landings well either. There is an active thread on the old version in the sailplane forum.

Quick Reply