Oct 20, 2019, 12:11 AM
Future mjet22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobaroo
... Flying it around Completely Stock may be 'Unwise' ... Depending on 'How' you Fly it... I suppose.

Another Video for those who enjoy watching this sort of thing. Cheers !!

https://youtu.be/PjT5vFfaHeo
Flying reconnaissance missions Bobaroo??

Aren't you concerned about flying over populated areas with all that ordnance on your F-4? You must trust that all those bombs are held pretty securely ha ha ha!!!

Nice flying and cool film!! Great job!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2019, 01:53 PM
Innocent Bystander
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjet21
Flying reconnaissance missions Bobaroo??

Aren't you concerned about flying over populated areas with all that ordnance on your F-4? You must trust that all those bombs are held pretty securely ha ha ha!!!

Nice flying and cool film!! Great job!
OhDear .... !!! The Bulk of the Flights I run are conducted over UnPopulated Areas and they are flown with careful precision and planning. Momentary Incursions during Landings are sometimes unavoidable for a lot of reasons, Environmental Considerations being the most common one. Most times a landing can be made into the wind from an approach that keeps the Jet clear of Everything 'Alive' or 'ManMade' , other times, things pop-up and you've just got to deal with that as responsibly as you can without endangering Anyone or Anything !! I think the Key word here is 'Responsible'.

You may have noticed in a recent video I posted that a 'RunningMan' appeared on one approach that required flying the Landing Higher and more to the Right placing the Jet Close to that Light Pole on Final, still turned out good, landed longer than I would have initially wanted, but due to that 'Pop-Up', changes had to be incorporated into the approach. These things happen and simply need to be dealt with... without Wrecking your Jet into the Trees or Ploughing Through a Car Windshield Let's say... although, should one of those macabre scenarios happen to unfold on a given flight, it can always be filtered out with some creative editing !! ... along with those people scrambling around clutching their children and screaming !!! Hehehehe Fly Smart, keep your Options open and Have Fun !! All that can be done while 'still flying 'Responsibly' !! Cheers !!

Anyway,... Here's how it looks with a FullLoad on the F-4. A bit 'Draggy' but not overly so. Not that much of a weight gain either being all FoamOrd. The Flight Videos will reveal the Characteristics in far greater detail than I can describe, but the flight portions with the Gyro turned 'Off' are somewhat 'Crazy' with maintenance of 'Roll Stability being the biggest challenge. With the Bomb Package moving around on the Pylons, you get some Weird Trim requirements that keep changing during the Flights... It can be managed, but it's just a pretty big workload.

But Hey,.. I get it, not everyone is into Flying 'DirtyJets' like this around for 3mins/20secs !! It's actually the 'Only' way to get my money out of them really, especially with the F-4. I'm very pleased with the 'Stock' performance on the 6S with all this stuff Hangin' off of it !!! I'm going to get an 8S F-4 put together and check those results with some evolved differences in the WingGeometry (LE Flaps) (SpeedBrakes) (Spoilers) ...etc. Maybe run a few OrdPackages under it eventually. This Airframe however will not support that as it's just about Run-Out !! But, it's been a 'SweetRide' for me. Hopefully others can derive some usefulness out of this project for their own Jets... and Dirty them up a 'LittleBit'.... 'FoamiesRule'.

Freewing F-4E 90mm EDF Jet w/Onboard Cameras /HiDrag Config (9 min 51 sec)
Last edited by Bobaroo; Oct 21, 2019 at 01:56 AM.
Oct 20, 2019, 04:51 PM
B, nice setup. But you need a pilot and a RIO for the bomb drops
Oct 20, 2019, 05:24 PM
Innocent Bystander
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasek
B, nice setup. But you need a pilot and a RIO for the bomb drops
Yea,.. I know. I'm still working on that !!! My Pilot Guy is MIA !! And I sure Ain't running with any of these 'Clowns' in there... Hahahahaha.
One of these Days I'm sure he'll be Checking-In and he'll have a removable Full Bodied ModernJet Dude with a Full EjectionSeat !! WeeeeeHaaaaaw !! Till then, I'm running this one NULLO !!!
Oct 21, 2019, 11:20 AM
Well every dog has their day. And my day must have been yesterday. Got in 10 good flights and was able to upload the video from the onboard actioncam. I'm using the Mobius for the camera. Upon getting home from flying yesterday afternoon, I tried to download the video into my computer but it was a no-go. I was pretty disappointed but rationalized: "better to come home all in one piece and have no video then to come home crashed with a few vids shot before the crash". I tried a few ways to get the video uploaded but they all failed. Eventually the last attempt at about 8pm worked out great. For some odd reason I can't upload vids into my computer directly from the Mobius. I've never had issues before but this new Mobius may or may not have some type of flaw. At any rate, I was able to get the video footage and will be working on it later on today after work to get a vid together and put it up on youtube. Ten good flights with video and shot in a variation of angles.....life was very good this weekend
Oct 21, 2019, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Nice video. That last landing was ssssweeeeeeettttt! I love those long rollouts you're doing. You have a lot of wide open space where you are flying. I wish we were that lucky.

One thing I noticed is how well this bird handles a lot of drag. I actually wasn't expecting it to be this way. So it's nice to experience it. I found out when I hit the full flaps by mistake during my landing sequence. I've got them set almost straight down for landing flaps, but I usually only use half flaps for takeoff and landing. But from all of the excitement, I forgot that I had already deployed them (half flaps) and so I hit the switch again (full flaps) Didn't even realize they were at full deployment until after landing and the a/c rolled up to where I could see the flaps all the way down. Wow! I didn't even notice it while landing. I may have just compensated with elevator and a bit more throttle without even taking note that I was doing it.
Oct 21, 2019, 12:11 PM
Innocent Bystander
Hahahahaha.... It's Easy to do !! Especially when things are happening 'Fast' all around you.

Depending on how you fly your approaches and if you're a 'ThrottleJockey' or not...plus ThrustLine and other stuff,... Landing this one is very pleasant. Also, I've found FullFlap Landings seem a bit extreme and unnecessary... for my FlyingStyle anyway.... Fast and Close to the Limits...and you've already seen that !!! Hahahahaha Get those Videos up so we can critique your Flying and tell you all about everything you're doing WRONG !!! Hehehehe. Cheers !!

Hope you get your Video 'Situation' worked out.
Oct 21, 2019, 12:49 PM
Yeh keep em coming Bob n Mark, we've had very unseasonal wet weather down here in the south east and the field looks like it's done for the year, so you guys keep me keen during these times.
I'm really bummed about the rain this year. 4 weeks non stop has really taken the jam out of my doughnut as I wanted to run my new 12S DS51 in either the F4 or F22 before the season ended, gonna be a 5 month wait if it don't stop raining soon.
I've even considered emigrating to get all year flying, within the Anglosphere obviously , my trade will travel well and I hear Florida and SoCal are lovely at this time of year.
Oct 21, 2019, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Hahahahaha.... It's Easy to do !! Especially when things are happening 'Fast' all around you.

Depending on how you fly your approaches and if you're a 'ThrottleJockey' or not...plus ThrustLine and other stuff,... Landing this one is very pleasant. Also, I've found FullFlap Landings seem a bit extreme and unnecessary... for my FlyingStyle anyway.... Fast and Close to the Limits...and you've already seen that !!! Hahahahaha Get those Videos up so we can critique your Flying and tell you all about everything you're doing WRONG !!! Hehehehe. Cheers !!

Yeah, I've been in some pretty hairy situations, especially during the landings , at which point I stayed as cool as a cucumber. That's the only thing that kept me from chocking and crashing. You'll see some of these situations in the videos. We have a very tight area of operation, so flying is done in close proximity. The only place we have a lot of room is up high. During takeoffs, landings, and low alt flying, its a challenge. Especially with the type of aircraft that requires greater airspeed in order to operate appropriately as these 90mm EDFs use.

A huge business park has been built at the end of our runway. That has really got us packed in tight. Where I once used to do my final turn to landing, is now right where the second and third floors of a new four story building sits. That was quite an adjustment for me to make.

Yes, video situation is worked out. I just can't upload vids directly from the Mobius to the computer. I have to remove the micro card from the Mobius, put it in my printer and then use the printer as a hard drive and upload the files that way. Not sure why that is, but I'm sure it has to do with this specific Mobius. I've used Mobius actioncams for years without any issues. But the one I'm using now on my F-4 is a brand new one and it's the only one that's giving me fits. Fortunately I've discovered a work-around. One thing I'm going to look into is the micro card itself. I've got a 64GB micro card in it rated at 10 speed. I did a little research yesterday on the internet and found that those can have issues with this specific type of actioncam. So after work today I'll stop off and get a 32GB rated at 4 speed. We'll see if that solves the mystery. If not, I'll just continue to utilize my printer as a drive and upload vids using that route.
Last edited by Kougar Mark II; Oct 21, 2019 at 01:09 PM.
Oct 22, 2019, 11:07 AM
Quote:

Well, here's the first vid I've shot with an onboard Mobius on the F-4. Day before yesterday (Sunday). No frills vid. I've got 9 more that I will put on youtube later on.

ファントム (2 min 56 sec)
Oct 22, 2019, 11:39 AM
Lithium Member
Quote:
... Anyway,... Here's how it looks with a FullLoad on the F-4.
Beautiful rendition of the long nosed F-4 Bobaroo !!

The JHH pilots worked well on mine ...
Oct 22, 2019, 11:43 AM
Innocent Bystander
Outstanding !!! VeryNice Flight',.. Great FlyingSite ! Here's a Screenshot of some other Guy flying his Jet !! Hahahahaha Cheers !
Oct 22, 2019, 11:50 AM
Innocent Bystander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
Beautiful rendition of the long nosed F-4 Bobaroo !!

The JHH pilots worked well on mine ...
Hey,.. Thx Herb ! Yea, I've looked at them, and they can be made to look pretty Cool !! My Dudes are supposedly 'Getting Done' .... sometime soon I am told !! They're gonna be Removable and have FullSeats ... We shall see. Cheers !!
Oct 22, 2019, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Outstanding !!! VeryNice Flight',.. Great FlyingSite ! Here's a Screenshot of some other Guy flying his Jet !! Hahahahaha Cheers !
Thank you. I have more vids shot at different angles from the a/c that I can throw on youtube when I get the time. Great flying site? It sucks actually because of all the obstacles. The worst part of it is, there are many times there are cars, cyclists, joggers, dog walkers, site see'ers walking along the runway. That's why when I prepare to land, I make sure I still got plenty of juice in the lipo's to do 1 - 3 go rounds. It happens all the time. Some of the vids I've yet to process show just that.

LOL, yeah, don't you just love watching those vids of small dots moving around on the screen.
Oct 22, 2019, 12:06 PM
Innocent Bystander
We all have 'Challenges' to Overcome I suppose,.. Some Dudes have 'Gassers' to contend with ...or tight Little Clearings in the Trees with PostageStamp Runways !!! My site has Pebbles that Nick up my Foamie Bombs when they bounce up and hit the underside of the Jet !! I'm always doing Touch-Up on things under there !

I like the Deep Runs and having that chunk of the Jet in the Frame ...'Continuously' Hahahahaha
I know what an F-4 Looks like, I can watch actual Videos of them flying around. I much prefer getting a 'Onboard' look From one ... flying around My GolfCourse !!! Hahahahaha

Quick Reply