Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
LOL! Congrats Allan! Have fun with it.
Cheers TC
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2018, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47
Now installing the 'new version' 8S 1390kv 12blade inrunner. Gecko 150 amp opto esc and CC 20 amp ubec. After watching Andy's (rcjetwerx) 8S F4 fly on Sunday, it confirmed to me that 8S is a no-brainer and the way to go with this plane.
dahawk did you ever test fly the F4 with this new 8S 1390kv inrunner??
Oct 06, 2018, 07:40 PM
Augermeister
You just had to ask ! LOL

Yes, it did not go well. The 1390kv inrunner worked fine but I made a dumb-arse mistake.

I forgot that this motor fan combo is much heavier than the plastic shrouded 6S FMS 12B outrunner I had in there previously. Then go a head and load in a 6S 6000 with a 2S 6000 .

Goes speeding down the runway and I'm feeling good. This is going to be great. 8S power baby

Right as she rotates I can instantly tell she's way tail heavy. Rises up vertically and stalls. Looked the National Air 747 crash at Bagram AFB in Afghanistan. Tried to lower the nose but there was no chance. She went straight in. A mess. The wings and tail section are fine. But I'll need a new fuse this time. So there you have it. Stupid mistake . I am convinced the 12B 8S 1390kv inrunner is a winner . Plenty of power and thrust.

I'll wait for when the grey version becomes available and order a new fuse and nose cone. Probably a new canopy too. Mine is in VF-111 Sundowners livery.
Oct 06, 2018, 11:06 PM
Very sorry to hear that. I had a suspicion something was wrong since you had not posted anything on it for quite a while. Was glad to hear you felt the EDF unit had plenty of power. I may use that unit sometime in the future. Hope you get another FW F4 and report good findings with that set up.

Mike 48
Oct 07, 2018, 08:22 PM
Registered RC NUT!
I got 3 more flight but the hat cam isn't working, i bugged my son to help to a few camcorder flights, got one only of the F-4 today.

Freewing QF4 B camcorder 10 7 18 (2 min 49 sec)
Oct 08, 2018, 12:38 PM
its TALON TIME!
got some flights on my F4 at the st george electric festival a couple weeks ago. huge thank you to Ben, George, Al and Gary for taking these shots
Oct 08, 2018, 12:47 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
got some flights on my F4 at the st george electric festival a couple weeks ago. huge thank you to Ben, George, Al and Gary for taking these shots
Ugh, Brent, the F-4 doesnít even exist in those pics. Is there an F-4 in there......Iím too busy staring and drooling at a T-38 thatís prize winning awesome. Ha-ha
Oct 09, 2018, 03:28 PM
Why grow up, it makes no sense
Beautifull pictures guys - wow!
Oct 10, 2018, 01:31 AM
MQ-5B Driver
The nose gear strut pin inside the retract unit is made from some really awful material. I've broken 2 of them.. One from an off-field landing, and the other from just a rough spot on the runway. It shears off at the retract block. Fortunately, I've been able to repair the gear using a 3/16" steel clevis pin from my local hardware store. It's a touch undersized, so I wrapped it once with a teflon tape to fill the thickness and still allow it to turn easily. But it works and it cost me 80 cents and a little time. A new retract unit is $40 from Motion RC.
Oct 10, 2018, 08:15 AM
Fly,Crash, Burn,Fix, repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
The nose gear strut pin inside the retract unit is made from some really awful material. I've broken 2 of them.. One from an off-field landing, and the other from just a rough spot on the runway. It shears off at the retract block. Fortunately, I've been able to repair the gear using a 3/16" steel clevis pin from my local hardware store. It's a touch undersized, so I wrapped it once with a teflon tape to fill the thickness and still allow it to turn easily. But it works and it cost me 80 cents and a little time. A new retract unit is $40 from Motion RC.
You talking about this part. If so you can get them for under $4. I ordered a couple in the past when I broke one in my F-14.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ing-arm-type-f

Gravy
Oct 10, 2018, 08:28 AM
Retired US Navy
He's talking this-
https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...connecting-pin

I used this one when mine sheared, it has held up much better-
https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...connecting-pin
Oct 10, 2018, 12:34 PM
MQ-5B Driver
Yeah.. That's the part.. Actually that's pretty upsetting.. I checked the website for that pin and couldn't find one, and when I called MotionRC, the person on the phone said I had to buy a new nose retract unit.. and never mentioned the connecting pin.

Still.. I prefer my new solution over the FW part.. the stock pins are made with pretty poor quality metal.
Oct 10, 2018, 01:53 PM
Registered RC NUT!
I also followed Evans advice and I have not had any more issues with that PIN but I bought two extra ones just in case.
Oct 10, 2018, 02:53 PM
Post-Apocalyptic Tactical Cons
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snake
I also followed Evans advice and I have not had any more issues with that PIN but I bought two extra ones just in case.
The Flightline 1600mm Spitfire main axle will work as well, sadly it's out of stock as well.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...ding-gear-axle
Last edited by TiredIronGRB; Oct 10, 2018 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Not nose but rather main axle.
Oct 10, 2018, 03:01 PM
Retired US Navy
Nose axle?

This? - https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...ding-gear-axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredIronGRB
The Flightline 1600mm Spitfire nose axle will work as well, sadly it's out of stock as well.

Quick Reply