New York ATB tug: Christian Reinauer - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by steve mahoney, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 08, 2018, 10:48 PM
Discussion

New York ATB tug: Christian Reinauer

I'm interested in model tugs. My first attempt at a model boat was an Artisan Latina 'Amsterdam'. As soon as it was finished I thought "I could do that, myself", and I started scratch building in 1/50 scale.

I like interesting and unique tugs – the type of boats that you don't find as kit sets.

Attached are a few that I've build over the last 10 years.

This project entailed making two identical ATB (articulated tug barge) tugs – one display only, for the owners in NYC, and the other RC, for me. I started in 2008 and it took 4 years to complete them both. Making two identical models at once has both advantages and disadvantages. After making something for one boat I'd usually find a quicker, better way to make the second but it was very repetitive. I lost steam several times although I'm happy with how they eventually turned out.

I have a full build log over at ModelTugForum.com if your interested to see how it's possible to spin a build out for that long.

http://modeltugforum.com/index.php?topic=570.0
Last edited by steve mahoney; Feb 09, 2018 at 12:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2018, 12:59 PM
Steve your work is beautiful!
Feb 15, 2018, 11:38 AM
Grumpa Tom
Hi Steve,
You should post in the Scale Boats section of BOATS in RC Groups. More people into model boating congregate there than here in the Blogs.

Beautiful models, btw!
Latest blog entry: Working on some planes lately.
Mar 16, 2018, 04:33 PM
Thanks guys, most of these builds are posted in the scale boat section but some are quite old and hard to find, so I thought I'd put all my work together here.
Last edited by steve mahoney; Mar 16, 2018 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply