In the category, you can't make this up, comes the Tide Pod legislation - RC Groups
Feb 08, 2018, 03:59 PM
Shine the light
Discussion

In the category, you can't make this up, comes the Tide Pod legislation

Story

Quote:
A pair of New York politicians has introduced legislation that would force consumer goods corporation Procter & Gamble to make their Tide Pod product less appetizing to human beings.
Darwin awards play a vital role in our society, we must "resist" this type of discrimination
Feb 08, 2018, 04:39 PM
No more nicotine for me!
You cant legislate stupidity out of people.
Feb 08, 2018, 04:44 PM
whiirrrrrr
Blue already is naturally "unappetizing". Our brains are wired to recognise that already. Helpful for living in the forest and knowing what to eat. The blue mushrooms are a no-no.
Feb 08, 2018, 05:24 PM
This reminds me of the case from a few years ago when some detergent or other was packaged in what I swear looked exactly like a Juice bottle and small children were getting a hold of it and drinking it. I am not one for government legislation, but I definitely remember looking at the bottle in question and asking myself "What the HELL were they thinking when they came up with this packaging???"
Feb 08, 2018, 05:38 PM
I hate propellors

How big is the problem?

Here is some data

http://time.com/5104225/tide-pod-challenge/
Feb 08, 2018, 05:41 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
If you are so stupid you think you should eat soap then you aren't much of a benefit to society anyway. I remember when getting soap in your mouth was a punishment.
Feb 08, 2018, 05:53 PM
<<<<I|I>>>>
I thought this is how one cleanses the colon
Feb 08, 2018, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
If you are so stupid you think you should eat soap then you aren't much of a benefit to society anyway. I remember when getting soap in your mouth was a punishment.
I think there are kids on the lawn. Better take immediate action.
Feb 08, 2018, 06:11 PM
This, to me, looks like another case of people pointing out strange behavior while not being able to notice it's really a reflection of themselves. Political ideologues come to mind.
These kids know the pods are not food. They, and most everyone else, downplay the actual toxicity of this product, and simply accept it as normal because it's been normalized in their minds. How toxic are these pods (laundry detergent)?. No doubt, some of it stays in clothes and gets absorbed through the skin. What does this do to our health? What do the tons of this product flushed down the drain every day do to the environment?

Quote:
I remember when getting soap in your mouth was a punishment.
Indeed.
Feb 08, 2018, 06:15 PM
Quote:
It still is even if it is self induced.
Old Feb 08, 2018, 06:26 PM
cyclops2
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while cyclops2 edits it.
Feb 08, 2018, 06:43 PM
Last edited by Sonny McGhee; Feb 09, 2018 at 07:46 AM.
Feb 08, 2018, 06:43 PM
Shine the light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassNuggets
Story

Darwin awards play a vital role in our society, we must "resist" this type of discrimination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondranch
It still is even if it is self induced.
The question I have, the parents of these Darwin awards is... what has changed in past number of years that resulted in the production of this level of human stupidity?
Feb 08, 2018, 06:52 PM
How untrained can children be ? The parents could care less.
Feb 08, 2018, 06:54 PM
I knew it. It's the Russians...

Quick Reply